Are you sleep deficient? Can you doze off while:
Reading or watching TV
Riding in the car for an hour
Watching a movie in the theater
Sitting in class or a meeting
Do you wake up tired?
Are you tired throughout the day?
If you answered yes to a few of the above you may not be getting enough sleep.
Sleep deficiency can cause problems with: learning, focusing, making decisions, controlling emotions, slow reaction times and affect your ability to cope with change. In children look for signs of: not being able to sit still, mood swings, depression, anger and lack of motivation.
Research shows that getting enough sleep is critical for mental health, physical health, quality of life and safety.
Always tired? Never feel rested? Find the symptoms of sleepiness here. #HealthStatus
- 1Sleep deficiency causes challenges to learning, memory and overall performance.
- 2Sleep deficiency signs differ between adults and children. Children feel angry and impulsive while adults will exhibit slower reaction times and have trouble focusing.
- 3It is a myth that you adjust to little sleep. Studies show that we can not adjust and overall health will decline
See the original at: https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/sdd/signs
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- 11 Common Conditions That Can Be Treated By A Chiropractor - October 8, 2021
- 4 Signs Of Poor Gut Health And What You Can Do About It - September 16, 2021
- 4 Ways Magnesium Intake Impacts Your Body - September 13, 2021