Sleepless tech users have sacrificed their sleep health. The National Sleep Foundation has had a Sleep Health Index and the index found very significant associations between technology use in bed and the overall sleep health of people. 48 percent of American adults reported that they used some kind of electronic device in bed. Whether it is a computer, or tablet, or smartphone, people are plugged in a lot more before they go to bed. People who refrain from technology use in bed have a better night sleep. There is a more alarming stat out there and it is that 21 percent of American adults reported waking up and using an electronic device before going back to bed. They did it at least once in a seven day period. A lot of people also admitted to sending a text message or email right after they woke up. 9 percent of adults use technology when they wake up in the middle of the night, instead of going back to sleep. It is clear that bedtime electronics is a problem for people. But, it is clear that if you are having problems sleeping, then you should steer clear of using technology in bed.
Time to put down the tablets folks! #Getbettersleep #Gotobedtechies #HealthStatus
- 1Studies show that electronic devices may play a role in our sleep pattern and overall stress.
- 2They have found that people that use an electronic device while in bed may have a harder time staying asleep or may not sleep as long.
- 3This maybe seen as a problem as more and more people use devices in bed; researchers are finding it hard to prove if the sleep problems are caused by this behavior or vice versa.
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- 11 Common Conditions That Can Be Treated By A Chiropractor - October 8, 2021
- 4 Signs Of Poor Gut Health And What You Can Do About It - September 16, 2021
- 4 Ways Magnesium Intake Impacts Your Body - September 13, 2021