Dealing with fussy babies is stressful and many new parents are desperate for ways to calm them. It is not easy to tell what causes a baby’s fussiness, especially when you’ve taken care of the essential things like feeding and changing the little one’s diaper. Here are several good tips to help comfort fussy newborns.
1. Learn what cues show a baby is sleepy. Being awake even just a couple of hours can cause a newborn to b overtired. Signs include yawning, rubbing their eyes, irritability, losing interest in playtime and hand sucking.
2. Recognize baby’s sleeping patterns. They are still trying to develop their internal clock. Combine this knowledge with their sleeping cues to develop an comfortable and peaceful environment for baby.
3. Use a gentle motion, such a swing, to calm them. Combining the motion with soft music gives a calming effect and reduces the baby’s fussiness. There are many types of swings that include a music component available in many department stores and online.
4. Understand their crankiness and try to find the cause. These could be as simple as dimming the lights, feeding, or giving a pacifier.
Using the above tips can help you and your baby have a must more restful day and night.
I’ve been up for DAYS with my cranky baby! Have you ever been there? This article was a life-saver!! #HealthStatus
- 1A babies routine really doesn’t begin to show until they are three to four months old.
- 2Motion, such as rocking your baby, is a great soothing method to help get them to sleep.
- 3When all else fails a change of scenery might work. Take the baby outside for a walk, go to another room, turn on or off lights and try some music.
See the original at: https://sleeplady.com/baby-sleep/soothing-tips-for-fussy-babies/
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- 11 Common Conditions That Can Be Treated By A Chiropractor - October 8, 2021
- 4 Signs Of Poor Gut Health And What You Can Do About It - September 16, 2021
- 4 Ways Magnesium Intake Impacts Your Body - September 13, 2021