Getting the proper amount of sleep is very important to the human body and we can feel all different types of effects from not being able to sleep enough. Eight hours or more is generally the recommended amount of sleep per night for adults, but some people may find that they don’t feel rested after that much sleep.
One issue is that we may be in bed for eight hours but not sleeping consistently or fully during the time we are in bed. If you aren’t sleeping in full cycles, or getting enough deep sleep then you may not feel rested after sleeping.
A sleep cycle last 90-110 minutes and a human is supposed to be getting 4 to 5 sleep cycles every time they sleep. You can use math to help plan when you should set your alarm to wake up so that you are not interrupting one of your sleep cycles. We can also experience disturbances during our REM (deep sleep) cycle which will affect how rested we feel in the morning.
There are a couple of different ways to try to fix this. First, avoid caffeine 5-8 hours before you sleep. Secondly, eat “pro-sleep” nutrients (such as food containing Tryptophan or Magnesium) for your last meal instead of foods that confuse the body into being more alert (such as processed foods and chlorinated water). Lastly, make sure that your bedroom is set up for successful sleeping by de-cluttering the room, making sure the bed is the main focus of the room, picking colors that help promote relaxation, and choosing comfortable bedding materials.
Without sleep, everything’s impossible. Have a good night by getting better sleep. #HealthStatus
- 1To sleep and achieve rest you need to have about five deep cycles, or Delta phases of sleep.
- 2These Delta phases generally last from approximately ninety minutes, up to about one hundred ten minutes.
- 3Since cycle-times vary per person, you can purchase a sleep monitor to track the minutes of your cycle, enabling you to proactively manage your sleep.
See the original at: https://sleepjunkies.com/tips/2-sleep-issues-that-are-robbing-your-energy/
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- How To Check The Legitimacy Of Your Medicines - June 4, 2020
- How To Fix Your Sleep Schedule: The Only Guide You Need - June 1, 2020
- Year-Round Habits For A Healthier Immune System - May 31, 2020