When we think of the best ways to get sleep we never really think of how all five senses should be considered. This article breaks down how each of the five senses can improve someones sleep. Your touch sense can be used to determine the temperature because no one can sleep when its too cold or too hot. Also, you can uses the touch sense to improve your sleep by getting a new bed or mattress pad because it is hard to sleep on a uncomfortable bed. The sight sense is very important to use as well because the more light you see the harder it is for your eyes to close, keeping you from sleeping. Also, you can use the sight sense by adjusting your room to even look more comforting to make it easier on you to fall asleep. The next sense you can use would be your hearing. Hearing noise while you sleep can be very distracting, so if you put comforting sounds in your ear it might help. Next, is the smell sense because having certain aromas can help someone sleep easier too. Finally the last sense that can be used is taste. Certain foods you eat can determine your sleeping patterns as well.
- 1Sound may be an important factor in a peaceful nights sleep. White noise advised.
- 2Smell is connected to good sleep. Lavender scent helps calm the body and brain for relaxing sleep.
- 3A new bed every 8 years is recommended along with fresh sheets.
See the original at: https://sleepfoundation.org/bedroom/
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- Car Seat Safety / Cold / Controversy - February 13, 2019
- US Cancer Death Rate Hits Milestone: 25 Years of Decline - February 11, 2019
- Foods That Fight Constipation - February 6, 2019