The sleep foundation wrote a well put together article explaining the consequences of driving will drowsy. It states to open the article that driving while sleepy can impair a drivers performance as much or more so than alcohol from studies conducted over time. The American Automobile Association (AAA) says that a estimate of one out of every six fatal car accident and one out of the eight crashes that happen are caused by or involve a drowsy driver. Research conducted shows that more than 70 million American’s may be affected by some kind of sleep disorder and one of the most serious consequences of getting a lack of sleep is traffic accidents due to drowsy driving. People need around a estimate of 7 to 9 hours of uninterrupted sleep to perform not only at driving but just perform at a high level throughout the day and function properly. Without that balance of sleep we do not function correctly and in the same sense not functioning properly can cause issues like drowsy driving which could lead to accidents or even the possible reality of death from not being highly rested. Research also shows that frequent blinking, head nodding, having trouble keeping one’s eyes open and drifting from lane to lane are all symptoms that someone is not well rested.
Drunk driving is lethal. Driving while drowsy is just as bad. Here’s what you should know. #HealthStatus
- 1Drowsy driving can be dangerous. This lack of energy can cause car accidents.
- 2Not getting enough sleep leads to drowsy driving. If you don’t get enough sleep, you are the same as being drunk.
- 3You will know you are drowsy when you are blinking a lot, being tired, droopy eyes, and not fully alert.
See the original at: https://sleepfoundation.org/white-paper-consequences-drowsy-driving
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- Dreaming On CBD: Will CBD Oil Cause Weird Dreams? - November 13, 2018
- What Are Primary And Secondary Cannabis Terpenes? - November 8, 2018
- Hemp For Keto: Why Hemp Protein Is Perfect For The Keto Diet - November 6, 2018