Having trouble sleeping? Don’t want to try medication or purchase a new mattress? Maybe a dog is the solution.
Researchers at Canisius College in Buffalo, NY published a study showing for women the best bed partner for sleeping is a dog. So maybe if you are having trouble sleeping you should get a dog?
There are many studies on the health benefits of owning pets. They provide companionship and combat loneliness, they provide a sense of purpose, they make us feel safe, they keep us on a schedule (feeding, walking etc.) and now apparently they help us sleep.
962 US Women interviewed:
- 55% share their bed with one or more dogs
- 31% share their bed with one or more cats
- 57% share their bed with a human partner
Dogs were less likely to wake their owners during the night than cats or humans.
Even the Mayo Clinic found that males or females who slept with a dog in the bedroom (but not on the bed) were better rested than those of us without pets.
The study found that both cats and humans were equally disruptive to women’s sleep and provided them with fewer feelings of comfort and security than dogs.
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- Living with Eczema - August 20, 2019
- How to Handle Lice - August 19, 2019
- Things to Consider When Choosing a Personal Trainer - August 14, 2019