You may think that knowing when you are in labor is obvious, but for many women, it may not be so simple. The first stage of labor describes the time at which labor begins until a woman’s cervix is fully dilated to around 10cm. This period can last anywhere from 12-19 hours in duration. The first stage of labor is divided into three separate parts. The second and third stages are one component each. You should always speak with your health care team about any concerning symptoms that may be cause for emergent evaluation.
- 1The different signs of labor and what they look like.
- 2The three stages of labor and what happens to the woman during each stage.
- 3The different options available to the woman for pain management during labor
Read the full article at: http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/308919.php
All pain is not equal and women may experience pain differently during the labor and delivery process. While some women do not require pain medication, many do. There are various ways to manage pain during labor which include both natural and medicinal methods
The HealthStatus editorial team has continued that commitment to excellence by providing our visitors with easy to understand high quality health content for many years.
Our team of health professionals, and researchers use peer reviewed studies as source elements in our articles.
Our high quality content has been featured in a number of leading websites, USA Today, the Chicago Tribune, Live Strong, GQ, and many more.
Latest posts by HealthStatus Team (see all)
- Hemp Will Change The World: Meet Drew - July 19, 2019
- Buying CBD Oil Online vs. Buying CBD Oil Offline - July 18, 2019
- CBD For ADHD: What Does Science Say About CBD & ADD? - July 17, 2019