Desire is an emotional feeling of wanting, a deep sense of longing, a hope for something you currently do not possess.
Desire is the first element of attraction that must be established before the manifestation of what you want. Desire invokes emotion.
Your desire is what fuels your success – if you don’t have the desire to achieve your goals – you’re not going to achieve it.
There are different stages of acquiring something:
- Wanting: a constant day-dreaming state, the continual revisiting of wishes in the mind, but with no plans or momentum to activate.
- Desire: the starting point where hope and faith is ignited. The place where you realize and understanding your core reason why you want to achieve something.
- Desperate Desire: a place of engaging the whole heart. A strong emotional passion that you will not be denied. A fire in your belly. An attitude that “I’ll do whatever it takes to achieve my desired results.”
We have heard it before, knowledge is power but knowledge without application is useless.
Knowledge is a commodity today. Information is all around us; we can Google anything and have the answer almost instantly, regardless of where we are. We are the most knowledgeable people in the history of the world.
But with all this information most people are living unfilled lives, searching for love, peace and temporary happiness from the things of the world but rarely finding true and lasting contentment.
The question today is what are you doing with the things you read, hear or know? Turning all this information into great solutions and applications is the key to success in the Information age.
Information does not create Transformation. Information + Application = Transformation and better yet “sustainable transformation” when it’s intentionally coupled with Daily Accountability over an extended period of time.
- Application refers to the carrying out of information with the purpose achieving desired results.
- Application is the action of putting information into operation.
- Application describe the process of turning formal plans—often very detailed conceptual plans to reach an intentionally end.
- Application is taking an idea and actually making it happen. The application of a plan is when you put it into effect.
Repetition is the act of repeating the same thought or physical action on a regular and continual basis so that a routine is formed and once a routine is formed will eventually become a habit and cause the fabric or constitution of a person to be transformed.
When a habit is repeated frequently it will become an automatic reflex.
Repetition can be powerful in two ways.
- As we repeat something we move toward mastering it.
- Repetition leads to Routine which creates Habits.
Nothing like doing something over and over to get good at it. It’s through repetition that we rewire our brains.
Exercise of the Week:
- Take inventory: what is my goal/desire________?
- Take information do I need to gather to help me reach my goal/desire?
- What action do I need to takeꟷnow?
- When am I going to schedule this task?
Don Nava has served as a coach for the past 35 years. He started his coaching career in Silicon Valley, coaching executives at Cisco Systems, Silicon Graphics, ATT, NIKE and many venture capitalists. After years of research, study and observation, Coach Nava determined that there are several underlying mental, emotional, directional and spiritual issues that are keeping people from being physically fit. As a result, he designed and developed the Totally Fit Life System which has been a catalyst of transformation for thousands of men, women and children.
You can follow me on Twitter: @CoachNava
Latest posts by Don Nava (see all)
- Totally Fit Spark Plug – Amino and Leaving Everything - December 11, 2017
- The Art of Faith Visualization and the Totally Fit Life - December 7, 2017
- Totally Fit Spark Plug – Cardiovascular Fitness and Turning the World Upside Down - December 4, 2017