Before you reach for prescription medication first see if you can eliminate your health issue with some simple lifestyle changes. There are 12 health conditions that you may be able to resolve with some lifestyle changes on your part. Don’t you owe it to yourself to try these before you start on a maintenance prescription drug?
ADHD — behavioral therapy, exercise
BACK AND JOINT PAIN — Yoga, swimming, stretching, tai chi, massage, physical therapy, apply heat
DEMENTIA — Set a regular routine, keep activities calm, frequent social contact
MILD DEPRESSION — exercise, meditation, talk therapy
HEARTBURN — eat smaller meals, don’t lie down after eating, lose excess weight, avoid trigger foods, avoid greasy meals
INSOMNIA — Learn good sleep habits, do not nap, avoid electronics in bed
LOW TESTOSTERONE — Exercise, get enough sleep, couples counseling
PREOSTEOPOROSIS (Low Bone Density) — Quit smoking, increase calcium, increase vitamin D, do weight bearing exercises
OVERACTIVE BLADDER — Reduce caffeine, reduce alcohol, exercise bladder muscles (Kegel exercises)
PREDIABETES — Exercise, eat a healthy raw food diet, lose weight
PREHYPERTENSION — Quit smoking, reduce sodium, reduce alcohol, lose excess weight, exercise
OBESITY — Lose weight, exercise more and eat less. If you are having no success, ask your Doctor for a formal weight loss program.
If lifestyle changes do not work, it is time to see your doctor and look at all your options.
You can beat your ailments naturally. Who needs medication side effects? #HealthStatus
- 1There are many illnesses that doctors are quick to prescribe medication for, but could be remedied with lifestyle changes that would address the illness as the predisease stage.
- 2ADHD and even mild depression are ususally treated with drugs that prove to carry riskes like dizziness, irregular heatbeat and fever, but can be treated with therapy and interventions.
- 3Blood pressure is normally treated with inhibitors and blockers that cause frequent urnination and decreased potassium levels, but could otherwise be treated with excercise and smoking cessation.
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- 11 Common Conditions That Can Be Treated By A Chiropractor - October 8, 2021
- 4 Signs Of Poor Gut Health And What You Can Do About It - September 16, 2021
- 4 Ways Magnesium Intake Impacts Your Body - September 13, 2021