I’ve talked a lot about high intensity interval training (HIIT) and weight training as the preferred workouts for health and a fit & fabulous Bride Fit body. Based on the studies and personal results, I still recommend HIIT training and incorporating weight training as the best prescription for to get wedding dress ready, but what about the low-intensity, steady-state endurance cardio workout? Turns out there are a few tips to maximize your fat release during this type of training.
I was listening to one of my favorite authorities in the nutrition and fitness world, Ben Greenfield. He is one of the giants that I stand on the shoulders of; I refer to his articles and podcasts a lot! He answered a question from a listener who had fallen “off the wagon” with clean eating and exercise practices and was faced with unwanted weight gain. The listener wanted to know the best ways to accelerate fat loss. Ben gave a few strategies but I’m going to give you a simple formula to accelerate fat loss that will get you feeling & looking amazing.
- Exercise fasted. Refraining from eating prior to a workout in the “fat burning zone” is not too stressful on your body and is a good strategy if you simply want to burn as many fat calories as possible. What is the “fat burning zone?” To keep it simple, subtract your age from 220 and calculate 60% and 70% of that number. Keeping your heart rate in that zone is where the calories you burn are primarily from fat. I love heart rate monitors and highly recommend using them during your workouts. Personally I have been heart rate training for 20 years. It’s a great tool for HIIT and endurance training.
- Exercise cold. There is the added fat burning benefits of forcing your body to stay warm as you exercise. You can do your aerobic, fat burning zone workout in a cool pool or outdoor on a crisp, cool morning or simply take a cold shower before and after our fat burning exercise. Wear this fat burning cooling vest (use code BRIDE for a 20% discount) during your workout or checking your email for the fat burning benefits of cold thermogenesis.
- Use caffeine. Drinking a cup of coffee or green tea, preferably a high quality organic one, can give you a slight edge when it comes to helping you a few extra fatty acids as fuel.
Here’s is an example of what this routine looks like:
- Wake up fasted
- Have a cup or coffee or green tea
- Head out the door for a fat burning zone cardio (30-60 mins), like brisk walking, light jog, yoga routine or cool water swim.
This effective mix of the three fat burning tips will accelerate your “wedding dress ready” Bride Fit body! Leave your comments and questions below. To get a Bride Fit body, mind, home and relationship and learn the secrets to living “healthily & happily ever after,” JOIN 12 Weeks To A Fit Bride TODAY! Looking forward to being your Bride Fit coach and support you with your goals to be Bride Fit!