When the topic of marijuana comes up, it is usually followed by the term medicinal or legalization. We have been flooded with research that shows the positive effects that marijuana has for person’s with cancer and other medical issues. It is a popular recreational drug among young adults and adolescents, that is no secret. Just like alcohol, marijuana has negative effects on our bodies. These effects seem to be over looked by many who believe the drug non life threatening and has no negative side effects for the recreational user. Well, there has been research to rebuttal those arguments. There has been studies done that shows that marijuana does have a negative effect on your body, and it can effect your long term life span. Read how this drug can effect your brain and how this can effect you in the long run.
- 1As the U.S. races to legalize marijuana for medicinal and recreational use, a new, large scale brain imaging study gives reason for caution.
- 2Published in the Journal of Alzheimer’s Disease, researchers using single photon emission computed tomography (SPECT), a sophisticated imaging study that evaluates blood flow and activity patterns, demonstrated abnormally low blood flow in virtually every area of the brain studies in nearly 1,000 marijuana compared to healthy controls, including areas known to be affected by Alzheimer’s pathology such as the hippocampus.
- 3Hippocampus, the brain’s key memory and learning center, has the lowest blood flow in marijuana users suggesting higher vulnerability to Alzheimer’s.
Hippocampus, the brain’s key memory and learning center, has the lowest blood flow in marijuana users suggesting higher vulnerability to Alzheimer’s. As the U.S. races to legalize marijuana for medicinal and recreational use, a new, large scale brain imaging study gives reason for caution.
Read the full article at: https://medicalxpress.com/news/2016-11-marijuana-users-blood-brain.html
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- 11 Common Conditions That Can Be Treated By A Chiropractor - October 8, 2021
- 4 Signs Of Poor Gut Health And What You Can Do About It - September 16, 2021
- 4 Ways Magnesium Intake Impacts Your Body - September 13, 2021