Nutritional health is very important. The nutrients you consume help determine your health, athletic ability, height, strength, and whether you have a strong mind. Nutrients fuel bodily functions.
Why do many people fail to achieve a high level of nutritional health?
- Lack of knowledge – you may not even know that what you are eating is bad for you.
- Poor product labeling.
- Do not care.
- Easy availability of unhealthy foods (think fast food).
- Bombardment of junk food advertisements.
- Poor understanding of nutrition principles. Nutritional requirements differ by age, sex, body type, and exercise habits and training programs.
- Dieting too much. A lack of time and opportunity to eat or the tendency to skip meals can harm your body.
- Over eating the wrong types of food. If you are filling up on fats and chemicals you will not be helping your body.
Sports nutritional health can be broken down into the foundation of what food is basically made of namely proteins, carbohydrates and fats. You should get optimum amounts of these types for more energy and more muscle gains. You can only lose more than one pound of fat per week if you exercise properly and eat the right food instead of starving yourself. Starving will only bring you malnourishment.
If you are losing fat quickly by starving yourself, over dieting and doing too much exercise, you may be at a risk of slowing down your metabolism and your body might start using the glucose found in your muscles as a source for energy. That is why losing weight bit by bit for a long period of time instead of losing weight quickly is much more preferable.
There are toxins found in our fatty tissues and when we lose fat, these toxins are released back into our body. Losing too much fat in a short period of time means that you are releasing more amounts of toxins into the body causing sickness.
When eating avoid food with saturated fat because they are bad fats and will make you gain more weight. What you should do is to ingest unsaturated fats that will help you lose weight.
By eating good oils like deep-water fish oil, flax seed oil and linseed oils, you are actually aiding yourself as it rids your body of fatty deposits helping you lose more fat. This weight loss program actually takes a lot of time so only take measurements every two months.
Here are some tips: First is to stay away from white sugar. Take in slowly digested complex carbohydrates (whole grains). Eat food high in fiber in order to detoxify. And lastly, exercise. The right combination of exercise and nutrients will give you a high level of sports nutritional health.