Are there alternatives to liposuction for cellulite reduction? With the occasional rare exception, liposuction is usually considered cosmetic surgery. Therefore it is not considered medically necessary.
Because of this, the decision is up to you whether or not to undergo liposuction. You may decide that it is not right for you. And you can make that determination right up to the point of actually having the procedure.
Some of the alternatives to liposuction are:
- Change diet to lose some excess body fat.
- Accept your body and appearance as it is.
- Use clothing or makeup to downplay or emphasize body or facial features.
- Try body wrapping.
Whatever method you select to deal with cellulite, make certain that you have done your due diligence and select the most appropriate method with the least amount of risk to obtain the results you desire.
There really is no substitute for good, old-fashioned, healthy nutrition and exercise. The tried and true methods do work:
- Watch your diet.
- Incorporate fresh and natural foods into your diet.
- Drink plenty of water to avoid dehydration.
- Limit the consumption of caffeine and alcohol
- Avoid high fat foods.
- Get plenty of fiber.
- Quit or cut down on smoking.
- Avoid medications not necessary to health and well being.
- Get plenty of exercise.
Following a regimen of good health, nutrition and exercise will rid your body of excess toxins and promote a general state of health that is optimum for pursuing any program for dealing with cellulite.
Genetics dictate whether you have a predisposition for cellulite. If you do, there is no amount of money or procedures that can prevent it from happening to you.
It is important to maintain realistic expectations when fighting cellulite. Lastly, think twice or three times before investing huge amounts of cash for so-called treatments or cures.