There are a lot of minor aliments, things that aren’t medically dangerous but definitely affect your quality of life while they’re lingering. Among them, headaches usually rank near the top of the list for most of us. Sometimes they come for a reason we can figure out, like a wild party where we drank too much the night before. And other times they just happen, and we’re both in pain and wondering why. There are some things you can do to help avoid triggering that ache that pounds through your skull, or at least to help reduce the chances of ending up wincing and wishing you could just lay in bed until it stops.
- Alcohol is near the top of the list for what not to do when you’re dealing with a headache. In fact, some migraine sufferers can be brought to their knees after just one drink.
- Coffee, or at least the caffeine in it, is another that can bring on the pounding in your head. Some research shows regular consumption of high levels of caffeine can increase your chance of headaches by as much as ten percent.
- Chocolate is also on the list, sadly; it contains not only caffeine, but a number of other substances that can trigger head pain.
- Drink lots of water. That is right some headaches are caused by dehydration.
- Almonds are a great headache busting snack.
- Bring on the salad, leafy greens can help too.
Plagued by headaches? There are some things you can avoid eating and drinking that will help. #HealthStatus
- 1According to surveys, chronic headaches are the third highest cause of disability.
- 2Avoiding foods and liquids that are ultimately not good for you, can reduce your chance of a headache or migraine.
- 3Small amounts of coffee, drinking plenty of water, and snacking on foods like almonds or leafy greens can reduce or help prevent headaches.
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- Car Seat Safety / Cold / Controversy - February 13, 2019
- US Cancer Death Rate Hits Milestone: 25 Years of Decline - February 11, 2019
- Foods That Fight Constipation - February 6, 2019