The origins of the Mediterranean Diet in modern culture can be traced back to the end of World War II. Nutrition science was conducted across seven countries throughout the region to determine the reason for lower heart disease, cancer and related deaths. This was particularly evident on the isle of Crete where these illnesses and related deaths were the lowest recorded during this study. It was determined that the local diet of the majority of the population in the area consisted of mainly plant based foods with a minimum intake of meats and dairy products. This vegetarian-like diet would also be found to a deterrent to other diet related maladies such as type 2 diabetes, stroke, depression, and cognitive impairment. The high intake of plant foods were found to be the source of many beneficial compounds that when found present in the body they can be tied to lower death rates due to diet related illness. Researchers eventually devised a diet scoring system for those on the diet to determine how close they could adhere to the real diet as opposed to some departures to foods that contain meat or dairy products. The main idea being that any diet rich in plants and low in meat and dairy are more conducive to better health and longer life.
The secret to success. Find this ancient diet that will revolutionize your results! #HealthStatus
- 1The Mediterranean diet is primarily plant based with some meets.
- 2Studies have found this diet reduces cancer, heart disease and many other health issues.
- 3Polyphenal is found in dark leave vegetables and helps decrease the rick of death and increases overall health.
See the original at: https://nutritionfacts.org/2017/01/03/whats-the-mediterranean-diets-secret/
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- Blood Test May Predict Who Is Most At Risk For Diabetes - July 19, 2018
- My Mammogram Missed My Breast Cancer - July 19, 2018
- How Nattokinase Supports Reproductive Wellness - July 18, 2018