The BRiTE (Brain Training and Exercise) program created by the University of Pittsburgh has designed programs to target populations with cognitive deficits as worthy candidates for health and body wellness improvement. An 800-square foot facility in Oakland was built to service the program. It has padded carpeting, stations and classrooms for use for programs including: art, music, yoga and other specialty programs. Those who partake in the program are given thorough initial assessments to obtain status of the health and cognitive condition. Once screened they are tracked throughout the program and their progress recorded. The focus of the program is non-pharmacological. Clinicians and experts of various institutes have collaborated since 1988 and the program is one of the first of its kind anywhere in the U.S.
- 1The Brain Training and Exercise (BRiTE) mind and body wellness program works to stimulate the brain and body of those with known or suspected cognitive impairment.
- 2The BRiTE program gives individuals with very mild cognitive deficits the opportunity to maintain their active occupational and social lifestyles.
- 3Participants undergo an initial evaluation to generate a wellness profile of physical, cognitive, emotional and social health, which serves as a baseline to track progress.
All program participants undergo an initial evaluation to generate a wellness profile of physical, cognitive, emotional and social health
Read the full article at: https://medicalxpress.com/news/2016-12-brain-mind-body-wellness-individuals.html
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- 11 Common Conditions That Can Be Treated By A Chiropractor - October 8, 2021
- 4 Signs Of Poor Gut Health And What You Can Do About It - September 16, 2021
- 4 Ways Magnesium Intake Impacts Your Body - September 13, 2021