Dementia and Alzheimer’s are more understood than they used to be, which means that there are a lot more treatments and care options than even thirty years ago. However, memory loss and the diagnosing process can still be devastating for the patient and his or her family, and some people prefer more natural remedies. But how does that come into play when dementia is involved? Recent research shows that ancient Chinese texts’ about memory loss (in elderly individuals) parallels dementia and Alzheimer’s today. This gives scientist and doctors, who are advocates of alternative medicine and care, new hope as to alternate treatments for Alzheimer’s patients. Ancient Chinese medicine, which by today’s standards is looked at skeptically, actually has roots in biological needs of people today. This means that studies may be presented to see effects on this medicine for patients today who are suffering from age-related memory loss and impairments.
- 1A new study of classical Chinese medical texts identifies references to age-related memory impairment similar to modern-day Alzheimer’s disease
- 2Experimental studies of five of these traditional Chinese medicines suggest that they have biological activity relevant to Alzheimer’s disease.
- 3Recent research out of UCLA that was the subject of the JACM editorial in August shined a spotlight on the potential role of natural agents in a whole person protocol for reversing Alzheimer’s disease.
A new study of classical Chinese medical texts identifies references to age-related memory impairment similar to modern-day Alzheimer’s disease, and to several plant-based ingredients used centuries ago—and still in use today—to treat memory impairment.
Read the full article at: http://medicalxpress.com/news/2016-09-traditional-chinese-medicine-treatments-dementia.html
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- What the Experts Say Are the Best Supplements for Your Brain - July 23, 2018
- 5 Healthy Seeds You Should Add to Your Diet Today - July 23, 2018
- Study Affirms What Many Know: Antidepressants May Lead to Weight Gain - July 21, 2018