Being a caregiver for someone with dementia can be difficult. Now you can take a cruise through the Eastern Caribbean along with the loved one that you are caring for. The cruise leaves from Fort Lauderdale on November 17, 2017 and returns on the 18th. The cruise will help you to learn to live with the daily reality of caring for someone with dementia. The cruise will help you to establish a support group with other dementia care givers. The goal of the cruise is to show people how to live graciously with dementia and not to become it. It will be a time to rejuvenate while you learn, and to deepen your relationship with your loved one. The cruise is being hosted by Lori La Bey who is the founder of Alzheimer’s Speaks and Kathy Shoaf an RN. The team also includes four international advocates who have dementia and professionals in the field. They will share their insights and experiences so that you can come up with a strategy for living with dementia. If you feel that this cruise may be something that you and your loved one could benefit from contact Kathy Shoaf at (219) 608-2002 or you can email her at firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your spot.
How to recharge from taking care of a loved one–on a #cruise! #HealthStatus
- 1This cruise is set to inspire not only the Alzheimer’s patient but to also the often over-looked caregiver.
- 2The most empowering thing about the cruise is that you meet other patients and caregivers who are able to understand just what you are going through at each stage of the disease.
- 3The cruise looks promising as it is organized by people who are very knowledgeable about Alzheimer’s and can provide adequate physical and mental support during the voyage.
See the original at: http://www.alzheimers.net/dementia-cruise-for-family-caregivers/
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- First CBD Cafe In US Offers Eye-Opening Way To Experience Cannabidiol - November 15, 2018
- Healthy Holidays / Family Stress The Relatives - November 14, 2018
- Dreaming On CBD: Will CBD Oil Cause Weird Dreams? - November 13, 2018