The article speaks about work being done by doctors and researchers in the illness of dementia. This article centers on the practice of life story work. Life story work involves working with those suffering with dementia to record their past and present lives, along with their thoughts and aspirations for the future. According to the article, a study was done by University of York’s Policy and Research Unit, and they concluded that Life story work could certainly be of some help to people with dementia. However, there are no details in the article about the reliability of the data, nor is there any articulation about how the research unit arrived at their findings. While the article certainly espouses a positive tone, it does not substantively address the research it summarizes.
- 1Life story work which involves having people record aspects of their lives in the past and present along with future hopes seems to benefit those with dementia.
- 2There were some improvements in care for those with dementia living in care homes when life story work was performed.
- 3Life story work is best performed with the input from the family and involvement of the person with dementia if they agree upon it.
“Researchers compiled evidence on life story work in dementia care through a systematic literature review, in addition to listening first-hand to views of people with dementia, family carers and professionals through a series of focus groups.”
Read the full article at: https://medicalxpress.com/news/2016-09-dementia-life-story-successful.html
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- 11 Common Conditions That Can Be Treated By A Chiropractor - October 8, 2021
- 4 Signs Of Poor Gut Health And What You Can Do About It - September 16, 2021
- 4 Ways Magnesium Intake Impacts Your Body - September 13, 2021