This article reflects deeply on the Alzheimer’s disease, bringing up a very interesting point that saving neurons could offer a brand new, never before seen approach to helping those with the disease. We all know that Alzheimer’s disease is a neurodegenerative condition which was touched on in the article which the disease slowly affects a person’s memory and according to estimates there are over 5 million people in the USA currently dealing with this disease and to make facts even more creepier, this certain disease is one of the leading causes in death to people in the United States.
A new theory suggest saving back brain cells and neurons could be a key to unlocking some mysteries and cures. With this researchers tested a P7C3 compound in a rat and found some very interesting results that the rat was developing depression like symptoms which is a leading risk and symptom of someone developing Alzheimer’s overtime. What is being suggested is that by keeping the brain cells alive even during events like dealing with Alzheimer’s it could potentially stabilize someone’s mood and even protect them from memory loss later down in their life going forward. Which could be a major breakthrough for the people dealing with Alzheimer’s.
A new treatment that protects brain cells may be able help Alzheimer’s sufferers. #HealthStatus
- 1A new protective treatment that targets neural cells may help patients ward off both depression and Alzheimer’s.
- 2Alzheimer’s is a disease that impacts a patient’s thinking and memory abilities.
- 3Over a two year animal study, treatment with the new compound showed it dramatically reduced neural degradation.
See the original at: https://medicalxpress.com/news/2017-11-neurons-approach-alzheimer-disease.html
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- How To Check The Legitimacy Of Your Medicines - June 4, 2020
- How To Fix Your Sleep Schedule: The Only Guide You Need - June 1, 2020
- Year-Round Habits For A Healthier Immune System - May 31, 2020