Sea Quest Hero compares cognitive responses by age group and gathers data to research brain diseases like dementia and Alzheimer’s. With so much data becoming available from users using the app, the companies hope to enable diagnosis and treatments of patients much sooner than is possible now. This technology is important because it is estimated that although 50 million people suffer from dementia and Alzheimer’s globally nowadays, it is estimated that this will reach 132 million people by the year 2050. Playing through the memory and orientation tasks in Sea Quest Hero can actually reduce a user’s risk of dementia or slow down its progression.
In addition to the benefit of reducing a user’s risk of developing dementia, researchers are also accumulating data while the users are playing the game that will be used to help diagnose and prevent cognitive diseases like dementia and Alzheimer’s in the future. When users are lost in the game and have to navigate the situations, the headsets tracks where the user is going and gathers data about the cognitive processes that take place while navigating. Researchers have already logged the equivalent of 63 years of data which will be used to further scientific research on the diseases.
What if you could help scientists fight Alzheimer’s by playing a video game? Read to find out more! #HealthStatus
- 1Sea Quest hero is a video game being used to study Alzheimer’s Disease.
- 2The game is based on memory and orientation skills and the data produced is used by scientists to study the disease.
- 3It’s possible that just playing the game could help prevent Alzheimer’s Disease.
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- 11 Common Conditions That Can Be Treated By A Chiropractor - October 8, 2021
- 4 Signs Of Poor Gut Health And What You Can Do About It - September 16, 2021
- 4 Ways Magnesium Intake Impacts Your Body - September 13, 2021