Dietary supplements keep your brain healthy and are recommended by doctors. Dr. Isaacson, a Harvard-educated neurologist, recommends B Complex Vitamins, Fish Oil supplements, and Vitamin D to maintain brain health.
Fish oil can delay Alzheimer’s disease. Recommended fish oil brands are Carlson Super DHA Germ, Life’s DHA, and Nutri Supreme. Fish oil should be taken with a meal and water.
Folic Acid, Vitamin B6 and B12 can also help prevent or delay Alzheimer’s. The best supplement amounts are 800 mcg of folic acid, 20 mg of B6, and 500 mcg of B12 each day.
To prevent cognitive dementia and cognitive decline, one should take Vitamin D. As one ages, their ability to absorb Vitamin D decreases; therefore they must take supplements to get the proper amount. If one is lacking in Vitamin D, they are more likely to develop Alzheimer’s disease.
Eating foods with curcumin, a spice, is effective when added to food to prevent against dementia.
Always read labels, see if the supplements needs to be refrigerated, protect supplements from light, and make sure the container it came in was vacuum sealed. Supplements are not strictly regulated like the medicines are, therefore it is important to do research before taking supplements. Taking supplements can improve brain health, and is important to consider.
Looking to bolster brain health? There are some simple nutritional supplements that will help. #HealthStatus
- 1Medical experts maintain that several dietary supplements and vitamins are considered an important part of a brain-healthy diet.
- 2There have been many studies on fish oil supplements and their impact on brain health.
- 3High levels of an amino acid called homocysteine are thought to make the brain more vulnerable to beta-amyloid.
See the original at: https://www.alzheimers.net/what-experts-say-are-the-best-supplements-for-your-brain/
Do you need help in the area of Dementia Care? Check out this available resource: Fit Minds Family Caregiver Program
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- 4 Tips For Choosing The Right Live-In Care Provider - July 20, 2021
- 6 Health Risks Of Desk Jobs And How To Combat Them - July 12, 2021
- 10 Benefits Of Adding More Protein To Your Diet - July 8, 2021