Sleep can be an elusive thing for a lot of people. There are many factors that contribute to this problem, but one of the biggest is the fact that you just may be too stressed. Here are the ways you can tell if you are in fact too stressed and some ways to also help you to unwind so that wonderful thing we call sleep can be your friend.
We tend to carry stress around in our muscles. It can show up as tension in our neck, shoulders, back or even in headaches. When you try to sleep while feeling all of this muscle tension, it is impossible to get to that relaxed state that your body needs to be in, in order to sleep. The over production of cortisol is a result of too much stress and may show up by a racing heartbeat, which also makes it impossible to relax and get to that stage needed to relax and sleep. If you are also unable to shut off your day, and stop thinking about things that happened, that may indicate that your mind is just too busy to relax and rest.
Try meditating before bedtime. This will help your mind and body to relax. You may try some basic yoga also. Warm baths are also a great way to help you unwind and unstress from your day. Some caffeine free teas are also a suggestion. There are many things you can do to prepare your body for rest. You just have to find the ones that work for you.
- 1You know you are too stressed if your mind keeps going when it is time to shut it off and get some sleep.
- 2An increased heart rate is a sign that you are too stressed and will make it hard to sleep.
- 3There are stress exercises to do before bed that will make it easier to fall asleep.
See the original at: https://sleepfoundation.org/sleep-topics/3-signs-too-stressed-sleep-and-how-unwind
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- Earbuds Won’t Stay In? – Earbud Cartilage Deficiency Syndrome (ECDS) - September 23, 2019
- Arthritis:Fibrin Deposits & Enzyme Deficiency - September 18, 2019
- Pregnant and Tired?Pregnancy Anemia - September 16, 2019