Weight loss is perhaps the most discussed topic in most American households. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) statistics, obesity and related conditions such as heart disease, type 2 diabetes, and stroke are dangerously on the rise. Such reports have compelled people to pay more attention to their weight than before.
Not only have healthy diets and fitness programs become so popular, but there is also a surging increase in weight loss supplements such as Forskolin. Products made from this Asian herb have become quite a buzz in the weight loss industry in recent years.
Forskolin weight loss supplements are purported to assist users in burning belly fat fast and losing weight in the process. Are these claims valid? Is Forskolin good for your weight loss goals, or is it just another scam?
This article reviews Forskolin in-depth to help you make an informed decision.
What is Forskolin?
Forskolin is an ingredient extracted from the roots of the plant coleus forskohlii, a native herb in Asian cultures. Coleus Forskohlii belongs to the mint family and has been used by the locals for generations in managing weight loss and other conditions.
However, the use of Forskolin, especially in formulating weight loss supplements in the US, became popular following Dr. Oz‘s premiere of “how to lose belly fat in 10 days” about a decade ago (2). The TV Show’s host surprised his viewers when he showed up looking leaner and with less belly fat, “thanks to Forskolin,” he claimed. This led to a frenzy in the weight loss industry, with countless “Forskolin” products popping up like popcorns.
Clinical studies ensued to confirm the effectiveness of this ingredient in weight loss. As of now, there is still limited research about Forskolin. However, most of these studies have given some evidence that confirms Forskolin to be a promising weight loss agent. Preliminary research also indicates that Forskolin could help build lean body mass, improve blood circulation, lower blood pressure, treat Asthma, treat Glaucoma, and much more.
Are supplements the only source of Forskolin? Can you get Forskolin naturally from foods?
Forskolin is an extract from the roots of a naturally occurring herb. It has not been extensively studied to establish the list of its components that could be attained from other foods. Besides, it is not yet clear whether eating the whole herb could be as beneficial as the roots. At the moment, supplements are the only known source of Forskolin.
What should be in a Forskolin supplement? What are the ingredients in Forskolin supplements?
Generally, most Forskolin weight loss supplements contain the main ingredient-Forskolin in concentrations of 10% to 20%. According to preliminary research, this is the recommended dosage for a Forskolin serving of 250 mg-500 mg.
Most manufacturers often include other ingredients associated with weight loss to increase the product’s effectiveness. The most common complementary ingredients in a Forskolin weight loss supplement include GABA, Green tea extract, Lemon extract, and Apple cider vinegar.
How do you choose the best Forskolin products? What do you look for in a good Forskolin supplement?
Following Dr. Oz’s discovery of Forskolin, numerous companies have sprung up with claims of having the best Forskolin fat burner. Unfortunately, most of these supplements end up being scams that are ineffective and unsafe for users. Most of the time, these impostor supplements even contain other harmful ingredients that cause long-term side effects.
Although buying any weight loss supplement without your doctor’s consent is not recommended, often we catch ourselves in the trap. To help you separate the impostors from legit Forskolin products, we combed the internet to establish the basics of a good Forskolin supplement.
Here are some factors you should consider before pressing that “order” button for Forskolin.
- Forskolin manufacturer’s reputation:The lack of need to approve dietary supplements by the FDA has led to the ridiculous increase in scam manufacturers. To avoid being caught in this trap while shopping for Forskolin, it is essential to conduct some due diligence about the product’s manufacturer. Whereas some Forskolin manufacturers have a proven history of producing quality authentic products, others are mere imposters. Make sure to check this out before ordering.
- Manufacturer’s location: Good Forskolin manufacturers are transparent about the source of their ingredients and factory locations. Avoid ordering Forskolin from unreliable manufacturers whose reputation is unclear.Is the manufacturer physically available in your location? Do they ship and deliver in your region? Answering such questions helps you to trace the Forskolin manufacturer’s reliability.
- Scientific research backup: Not to sound so cliché, but your health is your responsibility. Before ordering Forskolin or any other dietary supplement, check out the scientific research that supports the product’s formulation and efficacy. The best Forskolin supplement manufacturers even go the extra mile of providing their customers with Certificates of Analysis (COA).
- Forskolin dosage in the weight loss supplement: The recommended dosage for Forskolin is 250 mg to 500 mg per day. Be wary of weight loss supplements that claim ridiculous amounts of 1000mg. Such dosages indicate that the manufacturer is ignorant and fraudulent and should be avoided at all costs.
- Forskolin concentration: Judging from the preliminary studies, taking Forskolin in safe amounts of 10-20 % concentrations is recommended. A lower concentration could be ineffective, while a higher could be unsafe.
- Complementary ingredients: Most Forskolin supplement manufacturers include complimentary weight loss ingredients in their formulations. We recommend settling for proven natural weight loss ingredients such as Green tea extract when shopping for Forskolin supplements.
- Honest advertisement: It goes without saying that a good Forskolin product must have an honest advertisement. Stay away from products that give too much promise than is realistic such as “lose weight fast, without exercise or diet.”
- Ease of use: While some Forskolin supplements are easy to use, others can be a headache. We recommend choosing products that are easy to consume and allow you convenience.
- Price and value: Is the Forskolin product worth your money? What value are you likely to get from the purchase?
- Money-back guarantee: It is a general rule of the thumb for the manufacturer that you will get your money back if you are not impressed by a weight loss supplement. When purchasing Forskolin, go for the manufacturers with a reputable return policy.
- Customer testimonials: Numbers don’t lie, and so do previous customers! Checking out what other users have to say about a Forskolin product can be a good place to start. User platforms such as Reddit and Consumer Reports can help you establish the effectiveness and safety of a Forskolin product.
✅ Burns stubborn fat.
20% Forskolin extract
Bottle of 60 capsules.
Take 2 capsules per day, preferably in the morning, to benefit from the energy boost.
Only available for online purchase.
Only available for shipping within the US.
2-3 days after placing the order
Although Forskolin is a relatively new weight loss supplement, we chose it because it met most of the aforementioned factors. For example, we noticed that A legit brand in the USA manufactures Forskolin Active. According to the manufacturer’s website, the supplement is processed in an FDA and CGMP-certified facility to ensure its safety.
We also liked the following features about Forskolin Active:
- How it works: Forskolin Active utilizes the 20% concentrated Forskolin natural extract to help users lose weight by burning stubborn fat pockets and boosting metabolism. The ingredient increases the levels of hormone lipase, which dissolves fat in your body. Besides, Forskolin stimulates the production of Cyclic Adenosine Monophosphate (CAMP), which is responsible for burning extra calories and boosting metabolic activity.
- Ingredients: Forskolin Active utilizes Forskolin in its highest concentration of 20% in every 250 mg capsule.
Forskolin Active pros
Forskolin is good for curbing the appetite, burning stubborn fat pockets, increasing metabolism, building lean muscle, and boosting energy levels throughout the day.
Despite being a newbie in the market, Forskolin Active has received positive feedback from those who used it. None of the users has reported experiencing any adverse side effects. Instead, they all claim to obtain a leaner body shape and lose weight.
Forskolin Active cons
There are yet to be reported any adverse side effects by Forskolin Active users. Except for diarrhea and nausea at the onset of the dosage, most users report losing more belly fat after intake. Unlike most weight loss supplements which cause countless side effects to the users, we thought this was a plus for Forskolin Active.
We noticed that the only disadvantage with Forskolin Active is its young age and limited availability. It is only available on the manufacturer’s website and is only supplied within the US.
How does Forskolin work in your body? How good is the effect of Forskolin?
According to preliminary research, Forskolin works in the following 6 main ways to help you lose weight:
1.Increasing the amount of fat burnt by the body:Forskolin stimulates the production of a unique molecule, Cyclic Adenosine Monophosphate (CAMP), responsible for the secretion of the hormone Thyroid. In return, thyroid hormone helps your body burn calories faster to provide energy.Therefore, when you take Forskolin, you increase your body’s ability to burn the extra calories that would otherwise result in excesses that cause weight gain.
2.Boosting metabolic activity:Metabolism is the biological process where your body burns calories to convert them to valuable energy for its proper functioning. A slower metabolism means your body cannot quickly burn calories, a factor that results in extra calories being stored up in the form of fat.Forskolin helps to facilitate metabolism, causing weight loss in some individuals.
3.Increasing testosterone levels:Forskolin is said to increase the levels of the hormone testosterone. An increase in Testosterone triggers your body’s ability to burn fat and also increases the amount of lean muscle.
4.Curbing appetite and food cravings:There are claims that Forskolin can help you control your appetite, and the argument is that one stays full for more extended periods when fat is used for energy than when carbs are used. This argument, however, still needs more clinical support.
5.Boosting energy levels:Science indicates that energy attained from fat is better and purer than what we draw from carbs. Consequently, Forskolin boosts your body’s ability to burn more fat, giving you more energy useful in physical activity. A proper physical activity routine is essential in maintaining your ideal weight.
6.Targeting stubborn fat tissues:Most Forskolin supplements are enhanced to reach for stubborn fat tissues like those in the belly and arms.
The manufacturer confirmed Forskolin Active, our choice supplement, to work in similar ways to help you lose weight. Moreover, most Forskolin Active users have reported experiencing substantial weight loss and belly fat.
Apart from weight loss, Forskolin also works in your body in multiple other ways, such as lowering blood sugar levels, lowering blood pressure, preventing tumours, reducing lung inflammation, and promoting heart health.
How do you use Forskolin? How much Forskolin should you take? What is the recommended dosage of Forskolin?
The recommended dosage for Forskolin is 250 mg per day. Most manufacturers allow 250 mg- 500 mg with a 10%-20% concentration of the Forskolin extract. The most preferred time of intake is in the morning or a few hours before your next meal.
Forskolin can be consumed in different forms but oral consumption in capsules is the most common. In treating symptoms of Glaucoma, it is usually administered in eye drops, while it is used intravenously to manage blood pressure and sugar levels. More research still needs to determine whether Forskolin can be used topically or the herb is taken holistically.
The manufacturers of Forskolin Active recommend taking 2 capsules every morning for at least 12 weeks for the best results. In addition, they advise combining your supplement with a proper diet and exercise routine for long-lasting weight loss.
Is Forskolin clinically tested? Is it safe to use Forskolin products?
Forskolin has undergone only a few clinical studies to confirm its effectiveness for weight loss and other areas. There is still a need for more research. However, the little existing evidence confirms Forskolin to be a promising therapeutic agent for treating and managing weight-related conditions.
For instance, in a clinical study to determine the effect of Forskolin on body composition, it was discovered that the component significantly altered the amounts of body fat in obese men. Compared to the placebo group, the individuals exposed to a 12-weeks dosage of 250 mg of Forskolin indicated more weight loss than their counterparts.
In a similar study, it was observed that consumption of Forskolin potentially increased the levels of serum-free Testosterone. The men on Forskolin dosage revealed a significant increase in fat loss and lean body muscle than those on placebo. Forskolin also favourably increased the men’s bone mass.
On the other hand, Forskolin has also been tested for its efficacy in managing blood pressure. In a study involving an elderly population suffering from hypertension, it was observed that over 70% of the patients on Forskolin treatment significantly benefited from the drug.
Observing these and other studies, it is clear that Forskolin is a potent ingredient for managing weight and other conditions. However, before using any Forskolin product, it is important to consult your physician to determine its safety.
Are there any Forskolin reviews on the internet and forums like Reddit and Consumer Reports?
Since Dr. Oz’s show, Forskolin has become a popular weight loss supplement. It has been widely reviewed on the internet by users and third parties. Unfortunately, most of these reviews revolve around single Forskolin products, making it difficult to review the generic compound.
Which Forskolin products have been featured on Shark Tank?
Many Forskolin products have been featured on Shark Tank seeking to pique the interest of the investors. However, only a few, such as Keto Extreme, have won the backing of the Sharks.
Checking out our editor’s pick, we noticed that Forskolin Active has never been featured on Shark Tank or any other investor platform. Therefore, it does not have any affiliate connections with the TV show.
What do I need to consider before discontinuing Forskolin?
Forskolin is a natural weight loss supplement that does not pose any side effects upon withdrawal. Therefore, there are no special factors to consider before discontinuing its use. However, if Forskolin was recommended to you by your doctor, it is wise to consult them before discontinuing use.
When should you stop using Forskolin? Who should not use Forskolin?
Using Forskolin in its proper dosages can help you lose weight and burn stubborn belly fat. You can also enjoy other benefits such as lower blood pressure and balanced sugar levels from Forskolin.
However, consider discontinuing if you experience adverse side effects from using a Forskolin weight loss supplement. Also, consult your doctor if you notice that you are expectant or that Forskolin is interacting with other medications.
Generally, children and individuals on other drugs such as beta-blockers are usually excluded from Forskolin and other supplements with limited scientific evidence.
Where can you buy Forskolin? What is the cost of Forskolin?
Different Forskolin brands sell their products. This variation depends on various factors such as:
- The goal of the Forskolin product. For instance, medically prepared Forskolin formulations that treat conditions like Asthma tend to be priced higher than the standard weight loss products.
- Type of formulation. Different Forskolin formulations cost differently. Powders and capsule forms of Forskolin cost relatively higher than IV formulations.
- Forskolin manufacturer. Reputable supplement manufacturers who have a history of providing high-end products tend to price their Forskolin higher than the newbies.
- Source of the Forskolin product. Purchasing a Forskolin supplement from a manufacturer is likely to cost you more than buying from your local store.
However, the standard price for most Forskolin weight loss supplements is $30 for a 60 capsules bottle. Most of these supplements are available online from the manufacturers’ websites and locally from nutrition stores.
Currently, Forskolin Active is only available for purchase on the official manufacturer’s website and is shipped within the USA alone.
Is Forskolin available in pharmacies?
Prescription-based Forskolin is available in pharmacies. However, the majority of the Forskolin supplements can only be purchased directly from the manufacturers or in supplement stores.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about Forskolin?
Is Forskolin good for me?
Who should not take Forskolin?
Are there any warnings about the use of Forskolin?
Can Forskolin help me lose weight?
Do I still need to diet and exercise while using Forskolin?
Where can I buy Forskolin for the lowest price?
Do I need a prescription to buy Forskolin?
Are there any Forskolin sale deals or coupon codes?
Is it possible to buy Forskolin on eBay and Amazon?
Does Forskolin have any risks or side effects?
Is it safe to use Forskolin continuously?
How much Forskolin should I take?
How long does the effect of Forskolin last?