Lying down in the bed and closing your eyes is not enough for a good sleep. Lying in bed with eyes open and just resting is good for the body. This gives the body time to filter out the day and reset. Closing your eyes and forcing the body to rest does not make it rest. Sleep will come without pushing it. The body needs to defragment like a computer and simply resting does this for it. This method is called quiet wakefulness and your brain is fully alert and aware. Reading a book or watching tv in a low light can also cause the body to rest as you are not really doing anything. Closing your eyes will not give you rest and mental clarity, letting your body drift off to sleep will give you a better rest. With 75% of people struggling with meaningful rest, it is worth giving the methods a chance. Sleep is still the best thing we can do for our bodies and just like other muscles, the brain needs a break at least once a day. Poor sleep can lead to a decline in health and sicknesses and even in some cases signs of dementia.
Ever laid in bed, eyes closed and relaxed and still can’t get to sleep? Read why here! #HealthStatus
- 1You are conscious of what is happening when you are in quiet wakefulness.
- 2Just lying down helps your muscles and other organs relax.
- 3Lying down with your eyes closed will help your body if you’re recovering from physical activity.
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- Body Image & Disordered Eating - February 24, 2018
- Protect Your Eyes When You’re Hitting the Slopes - February 24, 2018
- High Performance Coffee Exists So You Can Survive Mondays - February 23, 2018