The thought of going to the boss and requesting a raise can be extremely stressful for many people. Most of us often want the raise, but also very much want anything but having to deal with asking for it. We find ourselves justifying the desired raise, to everyone but the people who can grant it.
That long walk to see the boss can feel like a marathon. One that gives us a lot of time to try and talk ourselves out of asking at all. We start to wonder, what if we don’t deserve a raise just for doing our job. Isn’t that what we were contracted to do, wasn’t that the deal? Do we really deserve more money just for holding up our end of the bargain?
Everyone else in the economy gets a raise, sooner or later. And the manufacturers and providers of goods and services definite get theirs when they regularly increase prices. For this reason, it’s important to not talk yourself out of seeking a raise.
Timing is everything when it comes to when and how to ask for a raise. So is the ability to clearly and concisely talk about what you’ve been doing and are going to do for your employer. It’s scary, but it’s necessary. Don’t be afraid to ask.
We all want a raise. We all deserve a raise. We all need to know how to ask for that raise. #HealthStatus
- 1For many people, asking for a raise is a nerve-wracking endeavor – if they even work up the courage to do it.
- 2However, there are some basic negotiation tactics which can help level the playing field and maximize positive outcomes.
- 3Most importantly, when asking, lay out a clear case, focusing on the job to be done, what you bring to the table, and the comparative benefits to stakeholders.
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- CBD Connects The Dots Between IBS, Anxiety, Stress, And Sleep - January 20, 2021
- How To Maintain A Healthy Brain As You Age - January 18, 2021
- Live A Healthy Life By Avoiding These Traps - January 11, 2021