Acne is sometimes written off as a problem mostly faced by teenagers, and wrongly so. In reality, there are plenty of cases of adults who develop acne, even well past age 30! This is especially true of women suffering from Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS), a hormonal imbalance that can cause not just problems with ovulation, but also problems with the skin–including acne.
In fact, for older acne patients, the situation can be even more perplexing. Dealing with acne at the same time you’re trying to ward off wrinkles poses its own set of challenges. Acne creams dry the skin, which isn’t good for the wrinkles; wrinkle creams, meanwhile, are moisturizers, which can promote outbreaks! For the PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) patient, it’s a conundrum.
Eight Steps for Adult Acne Prevention
But not to worry: A diagnosis of Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) is by no means a sentence to permanent adult acne. There are eight guidelines you can follow to help keep your skin healthy and clear, in spite of Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) and its effects on your hormones!
- Ensuring that you are regular–as far as your intestines go is crucial; when waste can’t leave the body through the rectum, it might try to leave through the skin, which can cause infections presenting as acne. Make sure your diet is conducive to regularity!
- Tension is another big cause of acne; take deep breaths, or enjoy a leisurely stroll, to unwind.
- Are you consuming the right nutrients? A balanced consumption of zinc, Vitamin A, and fatty acids can help prevent skin problems like acne.
- Unresolved personal issues–the ones that prey on your mind throughout the day–can lead to tension, which, again, can cause acne to break out.
- Remember, too, that daily exercise is a great way to relieve stress and cut through that tension–which is good news for your skin!
- Change your pillowcase regularly. A dirty pillowcase against your face can clog the pores and increase your chances of acne breakouts.
- If you are going through major life changes–a new city, or a new job, perhaps–you might have pent-up tension that’s causing the outbreaks. Try something like journaling, or artistic expression, to get rid of that tension.
- Finally, if you are suffering from additional symptoms, like irregular periods or excess facial hair… you very well might have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS), and should consult with a doctor as soon as possible!
Hope for PCOS
But don’t let a diagnosis of Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) get you down; both the disease and its underlying condition, Insulin Resistance, can be reversed through proper dieting and exercise.
To learn more about the subject of What Causes Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) and acne, visit us on the web at www.pcos.com.
Insulite Health, a Boulder, Colorado USA based company, is committed to reversing Insulin Resistance – a potentially dangerous imbalance of blood glucose and insulin. Scientific research has revealed that this disorder can be a primary cause of sleep disorders. Insulin Resistance can also underlie the increased risk factors for PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) – a major source of serious diseases as well as cause of excess weight gain, obesity and heartbreaking female infertility.
©Insulite Health, Inc., pcos.com empowers women with PCOS to transform their lives through a process of healing with their PCOS 5-Element System — the worlds only complete solution for helping women heal from the symptoms of PCOS and hormone imbalance.
Still wondering if the symptoms you are suffering with could be PCOS? Click the link below to take the PCOS Quiz and find out!
Becoming victorious over the symptoms of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome is not an easy task, but you can overcome your symptoms to live the life you deserve.
It takes strength, courage, and perseverance. It can be challenging and that’s why Insulite Health created the PCOS 5-Element System. It’s a step-by-step process that will help you balance your hormones and reverse PCOS symptoms using our proprietary 5% Solution.
So take the next steps now! Use the links below to learn how to make the changes that will transform your health and your life forever.
- Read more about PCOS
- Take the PCOS Test and assess your risk!
- Learn more about the Insulite 5-Element PCOS Solution
About Insulite Health PCOS.com
Insulite Health, is committed to helping women reverse their symptoms of hormone imbalance. Scientific research has revealed that this imbalance can be a primary cause of many devastating health symptoms. Hormone Imbalance can also underlie the increased risk factors for PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) – a major source of serious diseases as well as cause of excess weight gain, adult acne, unwanted facial hair, depression, anxiety, and heartbreaking female infertility.
©Insulite Health, Inc., pcos.com empowers women with PCOS to transform their lives through a process of healing with the 5-Element PCOS System — the world’s only complete solution for helping women heal from the symptoms of PCOS and hormone imbalance.