Cystic acne can wreak havoc on your face in your teens or even adulthood. Common causes of this type of acne include hormones and consuming too much dairy. Why dairy? It’s thought that hormones in the dairy we consume can throw our own systems off. Small habit changes and dietary adjustments can help. Try to avoid touching your face, don’t miss your exfoliating skin care regimen, and keep your cell phone wiped down. On the dietary front, try cutting out all dairy for three weeks. If no new cysts form on and around your chin by the time they otherwise would have, you now know your cause. Other potential foods to watch are acidic types, like tomatoes and citrus. These tend to cause cystic acne on your cheeks and cheek bone area.
- 1Cystic acne can occur at any time in your life and it’s linked to both hormones and dairy.
- 2Avoiding certain foods such as dairy, sugary carbohydrates, and acidic foods can help decrease acne.
- 3Some other treatments that can help acne include exfoliating your skin, using spot treatments, taking a B6 supplement prior to your cycle, oral probiotics, and hot lemon water.
Firstly, I wanted to know what exactly was causing me to break out to such an extent on my chin. According to Rouleau, there are two possibilities: hormones and dairy. “Cystic acne which usually occurs in the chin and jaw areas is the most common place to get acne—especially in adults,” she says. “The reason for this is often due to the hormonal shifts and imbalances in the body. Hormones stimulate oil production, which leads to the growth of bacteria getting trapped in the pore. This type of breakout usually stays under your skin. No matter what method you employ, cysts will never rise to the surface of the skin.”
Read the full article at: https://www.google.com/url?rct=j&sa=t&url=http://www.instyle.com/beauty/what-is-causing-your-breakouts-how-to-fix&ct=ga&cd=CAIyGjgzYTlkMzY3NDRmNjczNDk6Y29tOmVuOlVT&usg=AFQjCNE89OeRYXLcDrB6tvRxEuSW8zUBrw
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- Natural Cold and Flu Remedies From Around the World - November 19, 2018
- First CBD Cafe In US Offers Eye-Opening Way To Experience Cannabidiol - November 15, 2018
- Healthy Holidays / Family Stress The Relatives - November 14, 2018