Sinusitis is very common. Even though it is a common problem it can cause lots of trouble. There are three types of sinusitis: Acute, Subacute and Chronic. Sinusitis is an inflammation of the sinus membrane and can be infectious or non-infectious.
Sinusitis inflammation affects the sinuses which block air passage causing pain around your eyes and forehead. Symptoms include: stuffy nose, constant runny nose, pain in the forehead, and pain around the eyes. The causes for sinusitis can be viral, bacterial, fungal as well as allergic reactions.
Sinuses which can be affected by infection are:
– Frontal Sinuses (pain in the forehead)
– Maxillary Sinuses (pain behind the cheek bones)
– Ethmoid Sinuses (pain between the eyes)
– Sphenoid Sinuses (pain behind the eyes)
Some of the common reasons which can increase your chances of sinusitis:
Some precautions to be taken:
– While blowing your nose, do it gently
– Stay away from people who are already suffering from a cold
– Get a good night’s sleep
– Keep removing the yellow mucus because, the more it stays in your body the more it causes problems
Some remedies when under a sinus attack:
– Drink hot tea or soup to open the nasal passage
– Take hot compresses for your sinus area
– Rest and relaxation is necessary
– Take hot showers
– Minimize consumption of dairy products
– Maintain good hygiene which would avoid any formation of bacteria or fungal infection
– Stay away from extreme temperatures
– Avoid polluted areas and keep your home moist by the use of humidifiers
– Visit your doctor you may need an antibiotic
– Paste of dry ginger with little water or milk when applied on the forehead may provide relief
– Make a paste of 10-15 Basil leaves with 4 cloves and 1 tsp dried ginger. Apply this paste on the forehead for relief
The HealthStatus editorial team has continued that commitment to excellence by providing our visitors with easy to understand high quality health content for many years.
Our team of health professionals, and researchers use peer reviewed studies as source elements in our articles.
Our high quality content has been featured in a number of leading websites, USA Today, the Chicago Tribune, Live Strong, GQ, and many more.
Latest posts by HealthStatus Team (see all)
- Amy’s Purium Experience – Day 10 - June 4, 2020
- There Are Many Health Benefits From Intermittent Fasting Not Just Weight Loss - June 3, 2020
- Perioral Dermatitis - June 2, 2020