Jiang talks about rejection, being rejected, and the unforeseen benefits of getting yourself used to rejection. He starts with a story about his kindergarten teacher doing a gift and compliment exercise (which backfired horribly.) Then he goes over various rejections in his life, and how there was a war inside of himself between the six year old boy who’d gotten rejected and the man he wanted to be. He created “Rejection Therapy”, going out and deliberately getting rejected over and over again to desensitize himself. He created a blog based on his experiences called “100 Days of Rejection” where he filmed himself in various scenarios like asking a complete stranger to borrow $100 or asking for a “burger refill” at a fast food restaurant. As each rejection occurred, he found himself becoming less and less fearful of rejection and built up his self-confidence. He creates “Rejection Therapy” with helping himself out, going out and deliberately getting rejected over and over again to desensitize himself. He created a blog based on his experiences called “100 Days of Rejection”.
Key Points of Video:
- 1Don’t let rejection define you.
- 2Embrace rejection; don’t let it be your curse, don’t let it bother you, don’t run from it.
- 3Turn rejection into opportunities.
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- Blood Test May Predict Who Is Most At Risk For Diabetes - July 19, 2018
- My Mammogram Missed My Breast Cancer - July 19, 2018
- How Nattokinase Supports Reproductive Wellness - July 18, 2018