During the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, one product swept experts away: Biofinity Energys, a contact lens for digital life and everyday living. These are the first contact lenses designed specifically for people who consistently use digital devices.
Marsha Collier, the technology author and radio personality, explained on her blog that more than 90 percent of people who use computers complain about eye fatigue, dry eyes, blurred vision , light sensitivity, dry eyes and more.
More than 7,000 optometry practices across North America are now prescribing the patent-pending lenses, with select European availability as well.
The way that these work is by integrating multiple front-surface aspheric curves across the entire optical zone of the eye. This simulates what is known as a positive power in the center of the lens, helping reduce strain on the eyes’ ciliary muscle as the person can move their gaze from on-screen to off-screen with significantly less effort.
The lens also attracts and binds water throughout the material to retain moisture even during times of reduced blinking, which is common with computer and electronic device use. This helps rehydrate the eye and the soft, smooth lenses reduces interaction between the lens and inside of the eye lid.
The new Biofiniity Energys was described as a “must have item for CES 2017.”
There is a new contact lens that prevents eye tiredness and dryness, not normal eye conditions. #HealthStatus
- 1Biofinity Energys contacts were on display at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas.
- 2Biofinity Energys contacts received positive reviews from Digital Trends magazine.
- 3Celebrity Marsha Collier has endorsed Biofinity Energys in her column.
See the original at: https://coopervision.com/blog/eye-tiredness-and-dryness-shouldn’t-be-‘new-normal’
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- LASIK For Everyone – Ages 61+ - August 19, 2017
- Slipped Disc: Risk Factors and Symptoms - August 19, 2017
- The One Thing To Put You To Sleep Quicker Than Melatonin - August 18, 2017