Everyone hears about how important regular medical check ups are. One of the things routine exams from your doctor can monitor is your vision, especially for the possibility of any problems that might damage or even eliminate your ability to see. Most people would agree that the possibility of vision loss would be a major problem, and many of the health problems that can threaten your vision can be managed or sometimes even cured if your doctor can catch them early enough.
Diabetes is a disease millions of people either have or will have at some point in their life. One of the complications of diabetes is diabetic retinopathy, which causes the retina’s blood vessels to swell. As this condition progresses, your sight can be threatened.
Cataracts are another possible source of vision loss. This is where the lens of the eye become occluded, and can be caused by a number of factors. Surgery can help, but again it’s more effective if treatment can begin early.
Glaucoma is another vision problem, and is when the pressure of the fluid in the eye becomes abnormally high. This can damage your optic nerve, and cause permanent loss of vision.
Macular degeneration is an age related condition where the retina can deteriorate.
Don’t lose your sight; talk to your doctor and let him or her help you stay healthy.
Don’t lose your sight to something treatable. Let your doctor keep tabs on your eyes. #HealthStatus
- 1Going to the doctor for a checkup on a regular basis is important.
- 2Diabetic retinopathy and cataracts are two problems that can lead to vision loss.
- 3Macular degeneration and glaucoma are the other concerns in relation to vision loss.
See the original at: https://vspblog.com/health-conditions-can-lead-vision-loss/
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- 11 Common Conditions That Can Be Treated By A Chiropractor - October 8, 2021
- 4 Signs Of Poor Gut Health And What You Can Do About It - September 16, 2021
- 4 Ways Magnesium Intake Impacts Your Body - September 13, 2021