Ovarian Cysts are a common occurrence among women of reproductive age. There are several types of Ovarian Cysts – some are no cause for concern, while others create ovary pain and require treatment. Ironically, women with PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome), or PCOD (Polycystic Ovarian Disorder), might not have the characteristic Polycystic Ovaries for which this disorder is named. At other times, they might have other kinds of Ovarian Cysts. The best Ovarian Cyst Treatment is actually prevention. Taking good care of your health by eating a nutritious diet, exercising regularly, and taking healthful nutritional supplements is the first line strategy for PCOS and its troubling symptoms.
Often the result of Insulin Resistance, both PCOS and ovarian cysts can cause a great deal of discomfort.1 In fact, a cyst on an ovary can rupture or twist, causing women to experience excruciating pain. More often than not, though, ovarian cyst symptoms are mild if they are present at all.2
Ovary Cyst Treatment
Women commonly ask themselves, “Do I have ovarian cysts?” when they feel pain in their abdomen or pelvis. While not all pain can be attributed to cysts, they do occur frequently. When accompanied by a dull ache, tenderness, and sensitivity, ovarian cysts can be treated in several ways:1, 2
- Painkillers: Over the counter medications may mitigate the pain of an ovarian cyst, but it is important to note that the relief that painkillers provide is a temporary solution. Once the medication wears off, the pain returns. Additionally, taking too many painkillers can have adverse reactions on other parts of the body.
- Heat: By dilating the blood vessels, heat alleviates pain. Many women soak in a hot bath or put a heating pad on their abdomen to relieve their ovarian cyst symptoms. Again, though, this solution is only temporary. While heat does provide relief, it does not address the underlying issue: the cyst itself.
- Natural Remedies: Many women turn to natural remedies to curb the pain brought on by ovarian cysts. These holistic solutions bypass modern drugs to provide natural, balanced healing. The effectiveness of these methods differ, and the market is full of a variety of treatment programs.
- Surgical Removal: The last resort in treating ovarian cysts, healthcare professionals will only recommend surgical removal if they know that the cyst needs to be removed right away. This will play a role in cases where the cyst may be cancerous, has grown too large, has ruptured, or has twisted and is cutting off the blood flow to the ovary.
Choosing the Best Method
Because there are numerous ways to address ovarian cysts, it is important that women who suffer from them speak with their doctors about their available options. Ovarian cyst symptoms can, in some cases, be unbearable, and effective treatment is important in alleviating pain as well as preventing its return. Cystic ovaries may produce a range of symptoms, from mild to severe, and individual circumstances may dictate that healthcare professionals choose specific treatment options.
Although it is not possible to totally prevent Ovarian Cysts, you can take certain steps to improve your overall health that can be helpful in reducing the occurrence of Ovarian Cysts. These steps include improving your overall diet, increasing your exercise, reducing your stress levels, and balancing your hormonal systems. These are important steps in the treatment of PCOS and Insulin Resistance, as well as in reducing the risk of Ovarian Cysts.
Because there is no single solution that addresses all the symptoms of PCOS or Insulin Resistance, you must rely on a multi-faceted approach to dealing with these conditions. A complete system, including nutritional supplements (vitamins, minerals, and botanicals that are condition specific), a realistic exercise program, nutritional guidance, a support network that will help you change unhealthy lifestyle choices, and access to information like that found on this website is required to address the issues presented by these syndromes.
The other thing a women suffering Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) might do is to look into the Insulite Health PCOS 5-Element System that is available. In particular, the PCOS System offers hormone-balancing effects that have been scientifically calibrated to reverse the condition. That means there is hope for women who properly educate themselves and take the precautions necessary to thwart the effects of the disease, and no reason why PCOS has to be interpreted as a devastating diagnosis.
Take the PCOS Quiz for a Special Offer!!
Insulite Health, a Boulder, Colorado USA based company, is committed to reversing Insulin Resistance – a potentially dangerous imbalance of blood glucose and insulin. Scientific research has revealed that this disorder can be a primary cause of excess weight gain and obesity, plus Pre-Diabetes and Type 2 Diabetes. Insulin Resistance can also underlie the cluster of increased risk factors for cardiovascular damage called Metabolic Syndrome (Syndrome X) as well as PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) – a major source of serious diseases as well as heartbreaking female infertility.
Recognizing that there are millions of people who need this kind of systematic approach to reversing insulin resistance, Insulite Health has developed systems to address the underlying causes of Metabolic Syndrome, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS), Excess Weight/Obesity, Pre-Diabetes and Type 2 Diabetes.
1 “Ovarian Cyst Pain,” Ovarian Cysts Help Center, 30 January 2010 (20 February 2012).
2“Ovarian Cyst,” About.com, 13 January 2010 <http://pcos.about.com/od/glossary/g/cyst.htm> (20 February 2012).
Latest posts by Robin Nielsen (see all)
- How Does PCOS Assault Your Body? - February 12, 2018
- What You Don’t Know About PCOS Treatment Could Save Your Life! - February 7, 2018
- Could PCOS Be Lurking in Your Genes? - January 31, 2018