Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, also called PCOS, is a condition that cannot be cured by modern medicine; however, its symptoms can be managed and, in many cases, reversed. Frequently caused by Insulin Resistance, this condition can present with a diverse list of symptoms, among them being cystic ovaries.
Because women experience a variety of symptoms with this condition, they may opt for different treatment plans. Here are some of the most common treatment options available today: 1
- A healthy lifestyle, including weight loss and diet: women often gain weight and may become obese after the onset of PCOS. While common, it is a very dangerous symptom because it can make a woman more vulnerable to other, more serious conditions, such as heart disease. Losing weight will not only improve overall health, it will reduce the amount of insulin produced by the body and alleviate Insulin Resistance. Similarly, a PCOS-friendly diet that is high in non-starchy vegetables and limits fats, sugars, and carbohydrates will manage insulin production.
- Hormone treatment: This disorder is characterized by hyperandrogenism, or the presence of too many male hormones. Hormone treatment may be able to inhibit the effects of excess testosterone. As a result, it can combat hirsutism (the excess growth of hair), alopecia (male-pattern baldness), amenorrhea (absent menstrual periods), and oligomenorrhea (irregular menstrual periods). Oral contraceptives are a common form of hormone treatment.
- Metformin: This pharmaceutical is a diabetes medication that improves Insulin Resistance and can increase ovulation.
- Clomifene: A fertility drug, Clomifene can balance hormones to improve ovulation and, as a result, enhance fertility. This is a common form of treatment for women who are trying to become pregnant.
- Eflornithine: A cream, this drug slows the effects of hirsutism. Eflornithine prevents hair follicles from growing hair, slowing unwanted hair growth; however, this does not remove hair or completely prevent its growth. Because of this, many women use Eflornithine in conjunction with hair removal techniques.
- Laparoscopic ovarian drilling, or LOD: Although minor, this surgical procedure is often a last resort for women who are fighting this condition. LOD is performed by inserting a laparoscope into an incision in the abdomen. The ovaries are then treated with either heat or a laser.
Because modern medicine is limited in its PCOS treatment options, many women have turned to PCOS alternative treatment, which may include PCOS natural remedies.
The other thing a women suffering Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) might do is to look into the Insulite Health 5-Element System that is available. In particular, the PCOS System offers hormone-balancing effects that have been scientifically calibrated to reverse the condition. That means there is very much hope here, and, for women who properly educate themselves and take the precautions necessary to thwart the effects of the disease, no reason why PCOS has to be interpreted as a devastating diagnosis.
Insulite Health, a Boulder, Colorado USA based company, is committed to reversing Insulin Resistance – a potentially dangerous imbalance of blood glucose and insulin. Scientific research has revealed that this disorder can be a primary cause of excess weight gain and obesity, plus Pre-Diabetes and Type 2 Diabetes. Insulin Resistance can also underlie the cluster of increased risk factors for cardiovascular damage called Metabolic Syndrome (Syndrome X) as well as PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) – a major source of serious diseases as well as heartbreaking female infertility.
Recognizing that there are millions of people who need this kind of systematic approach to reversing insulin resistance, Insulite Health has developed systems to address the underlying causes of Metabolic Syndrome, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS), Excess Weight/Obesity, Pre-Diabetes and Type 2 Diabetes.
1“Treating polycystic ovary syndrome,” NHS choices, 17 October 2011 < http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Polycystic-ovarian-syndrome/Pages/Treatment.aspx > (22 February 2012).
Becoming victorious over the symptoms of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome is not an easy task, but you can overcome your symptoms to live the life you deserve.
It takes strength, courage, and perseverance. It can be challenging and that’s why Insulite Health created the PCOS 5-Element System. It’s a step-by-step process that will help you balance your hormones and reverse PCOS symptoms using our proprietary 5% Solution.
So take the next steps now! Use the links below to learn how to make the changes that will transform your health and your life forever.
- Read more about PCOS
- Take the PCOS Test and assess your risk!
- Learn more about the Insulite 5-Element PCOS Solution
About Insulite Health PCOS.com
Insulite Health, is committed to helping women reverse their symptoms of hormone imbalance. Scientific research has revealed that this imbalance can be a primary cause of many devastating health symptoms. Hormone Imbalance can also underlie the increased risk factors for PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) – a major source of serious diseases as well as cause of excess weight gain, adult acne, unwanted facial hair, depression, anxiety, and heartbreaking female infertility.
©Insulite Health, Inc., pcos.com empowers women with PCOS to transform their lives through a process of healing with the 5-Element PCOS System – the world’s only complete solution for helping women heal from the symptoms of PCOS and hormone imbalance.
Latest posts by Robin Nielsen (see all)
- How Does PCOS Assault Your Body? - February 12, 2018
- What You Don’t Know About PCOS Treatment Could Save Your Life! - February 7, 2018
- Could PCOS Be Lurking in Your Genes? - January 31, 2018