As a brand new year starts to unfold, it’s also the time for many to make favorable resolutions in their life, health, and body. One of the most common ones always has to do with weight loss. People want to look better than they did the previous year. This can be done by getting rid of more body fat.
If you feel you’re one of those that need or want to shed a few pounds off this year, the news for you to remember is that there’s no easy way to do it. But, with the right mindset and determination, this is a goal that’s not going to stay an impossible feat.
That said, here are some of the most effective ways for you to lose body fat in 2020:
Strength training refers to the type of exercise that requires you to contract your muscles for resistance. In so doing, it helps you lose fat while building muscle and also increasing your strength. One of the most common ways to begin is through weight lifting and leg works.
In terms of losing fat, strength training has the following benefits:
- It helps increase calories burned, even at rest, and can reduce fat weight by about 4 pounds.
- Reduces visceral fat – the kind of fat that’s dangerous as it sticks around the organs surrounding the belly.
- Reduces more body fat through the help of aerobic exercise.
To start, here’s an excellent legwork guide for you to follow.
As to exercising, apart from strength training, weight training is also a good option. While generally, cardio might be one of the first options of those looking to lose fat, weight training can do an even much better job at that.
Weight training enables the body to build muscle. Throughout the entire day, you’re not aware of it, but you’re also beginning to burn more fat.
Easy ways to start with weight training begins with the following gym equipment:
- Medicine balls
One of the most underrated pieces of advice that those seriously intending to lose body fat is eating well. But, it remains to be one of the most effective ways. The key is to burn more calories than you consume, which is known as a calorie deficit.
Here are some of the best tips when it comes to eating well:
- Ensure you’re eating the right kind of food to keep you full, even with the least amount of calories consumed
- Eating less than you usually have been consuming
- Track your calories burned vs. the calories you’ve taken in
- Stay hydrated