Giving birth is one of the many powerful life events for a woman. It might appear just hours or days for a woman to give birth to her child, but the nine-month pregnancy period and life after birthing also significantly impact a woman’s life.
Childbirth creates an existential, psychological, and social impact for women, and it may last for either short or long term. For an empowering impact, positive birthing for women is highly encouraged.
A Positive Birth Experience
So, what’s positive birthing? A positive birth essentially means that a woman feels that she has control, the freedom to choose, and has all the correct information she needs throughout the pregnancy up to her birthing experience. Women can feel empowerment, support, respect, calmness, power, and joy during the whole process of pregnancy and birth.
Pregnancy isn’t an easy journey, and pregnant women often feel anxious, uncertain, or worried during the process. Positive birth movements exist to provide a healthy environment and help women approach birth with warmth and pride.
Hypnobirthing organizations such as the Calm Birth School Hypnobirthing help support women and their partners to a less stressful birthing experience. What they do is offer:
- Right education
- Connection to people
- Confidence for women and their partners
- Excellent empowerment
- Proper techniques to prepare women for birth
With their support, they allow women to choose what she wants to do for herself and her baby. This will enable her to feel in control, confident, and more comfortable with her body to give way to a better birthing experience.
Achieving Positive Pregnancy
It’s normal for women to feel stressed during pregnancy but to achieve a positive birth, women should practice a positive mindset during the pregnancy period itself; remove the negative thoughts! It will only take a physical, mental, and emotional toll on you.
If you have a positive outlook and attitude with your pregnancy, you can focus on:
- Staying healthy
- Eating the right foods
- Connecting with your partner
- Becoming active
- Develop a relationship with your unborn child
- Empower yourself
- Feel pride for getting through all the challenges of pregnancy
You don’t have to bury all the negative feelings, but a positive outlook helps you turn these anxieties into something more productive and helpful. Seek help from positive birth organizations, do some activities, bond with a partner, talk to friends, and learn more about why pregnancy makes you a powerful woman. Remember, do not be afraid to ask for support!
Here are some tips you can use to help you have a positive pregnancy:
- Kick your bad habits and turn them into something more productive. Do pregnancy workouts, join positive birth support groups, read motherhood books, spend time with your partner, and take care of your health.
- Prepare for parenting. You can read about becoming a parent in your spare time, especially if it’s your first time giving birth. You can even go out with your partner and visit baby shops to see the different essentials you can give to your child.
- Go with the flow. Do not worry yourself too much! The idea of giving birth may be scary, but giving yourself the mindset to become comfortable will open ways for you to give birth in a less painful and stressful way. There will be people who can support you and be there for you along the way, so don’t let the negative mindset take over you.
Preparing For Labor
You don’t need a drug-free or natural birth for it to be positive. What’s important is to be in a place of positivity and a great mindset instead of experiencing it in fear and anxiety.
When preparing for labor, you can decide whether you want it to be in a hospital or at home. You also have the choice to have a medical intervention or not. Having the choice is what positive birth is all about!
Suppose you feel like you’re uncertain about what labor method you should choose. In that case, positive birth movements can help you know more by coming together and sharing your feelings, their labor experiences, the extra knowledge they have, and provide overall support to help you get through the idea of thinking about labor.
If you’re feeling anxious, here are some friendly tips to help you have a positive birthing experience:
- Make way for empowerment. As much as other mothers can help you, always remember that bodies work differently. Try to be as open-minded as you can and do enough research about the possible labor options. Weigh out the advantages and disadvantages for yourself and decide on what you think will have a positive effect on you and your baby.
- Start preparing your body. It’s best to get some exercise and become a bit more active when you’re nearing your labor. This allows your body to build stamina and help you develop breathing techniques for a less painful birth.
- Relaxation techniques help. You might feel extremely anxious once you’re near your due date. Fortunately, developing the correct techniques can help you find out about the right birthing position and various strategies to help you remain calm during the process. You can practice meditation, complementary therapies, and visualizations to help you relax. This way, you don’t panic if not everything goes according to plan.
Many moms take hypnobirthing sessions at this point to learn more than just proper breathing techniques. It will help you learn more about relaxation, mindfulness techniques, concentration methods, and pain relief facts that can help you feel more at ease once you go into labor and give birth to your child.
Positive birthing is all about the mindset and attitude. It doesn’t matter how and where you want to give birth, but how you want to approach the whole birthing experience.
With positive birthing, you’ll experience less mental, emotional, and physical stress, which leaves a more empowering impact for you and your child! Don’t let your fear take over your whole pregnancy journey. Instead, embrace what you have and let it guide you to a positive birth experience and a brighter outlook in life for you, your partner, and your child.
Latest posts by HealthStatus Crew (see all)
- 4 Keys To Succeed With Your Cosmetic Brand - September 23, 2021
- Transitions & Trials: Outlining Essential Teen Health Check-Ups - September 22, 2021
- Cause And Treatment Of Temporomandibular Joint Disorders (TMD) - September 20, 2021