Pregnancy is an important time in a person, and a couple’s life. It can be very exciting, and often times couples want to tell their friends and families right away. They do not want to keep the secret, wanting to share their joy with the world. Often times though, a pregnancy does not make it all the way to the end. Miscarriages are a real possibility, and when a couple tells a family to early there is room for much heartbreak. American society has taught that miscarriages are a dark secret that need to be tucked away. This is not true because many people will deal with them. It is not the fault of the women, and having a support system can make all the difference when dealing with something like this.
- 1Recently I was sitting in my living room, watching the epic game 7 between the Cubs and Indians. It was a normal night that was about to take a very special turn.
- 2A few hours earlier (and really for a few days), my fiancé Miki kept telling me that her nipples hurt. I laughed, jokingly telling her that she was pregnant. She smiled back, “Nooo, I’m always a few days late.”
- 3Miki and I have been together for a little over five years now, we got engaged in August and two months back, we made a conscious decision to start trying to have a child.
If we didn’t tell our friends about this miracle because of the chance for loss, we would be denying them the opportunity to fully be there for us.
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- Earbuds Won’t Stay In? – Earbud Cartilage Deficiency Syndrome (ECDS) - September 23, 2019
- Arthritis:Fibrin Deposits & Enzyme Deficiency - September 18, 2019
- Pregnant and Tired?Pregnancy Anemia - September 16, 2019