Missing out on sleep can have irritating, and sometimes dangerous, effects on your performance and everyday life. For one, lacking sleep can increase your chances of having accidents. For instance, the nuclear accident at Three Mile Island was the result of sleep deprivation. Additionally, sleep deprivation while driving is comparable to the effects of driving drunk. On top of making your more accident prone, a lack of sleep can also make you dumber. You will have a harder time memorizing and learning if you don’t get a good nights sleep. You can also become more forgetful overall, and if all those negative mental effects aren’t enough, a lack of sleep can also lead to poor judgement. Sleep deprivation also has detrimental effects on your heart health and can increase you risk of strokes and even lead you to gaining weight. It can also have ill effects on your sex drive, and lead to depression. On top of all the negative internal health problems sleep deprivation can cause, it can also make you look bad. Losing out on sleep can cause your skin to age prematurely because it makes your body release too much of the stress hormone cortisol. Last but not least, too little sleep can lead to an increased risk of death from all causes listed above, and then some.
Not getting enough sleep leaves you more than just sleepy; it can threaten your health. Rest up! #HealthStatus
- 1Sleep loss overtime can compound problems. Extra rest on the weekend cannot make up for extended sleep deprivation.
- 2If you are dealing with sleep apnea or a sleep disorder get help so you can get the rest you need.
- 3Your sex life can suffer if you are not getting enough sleep.
See the original at: https://www.webmd.com/sleep-disorders/features/10-results-sleep-loss
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- 3 Different Types Of Spinal Stenosis - April 1, 2021
- 3 Reasons People Use Organic Hand Soaps - February 24, 2021
- 3 Ways The Healthcare System Has Adapted To Remote Working - February 15, 2021