There are beverages that you will want to avoid if you want to sleep very soundly while you are travelling. Travelling to new places provides a chance to explore new cultures and see new ways of life that you were not aware of before. Local foods and beverages are two other things people can experience when they travel. It is important to know how drinks can effect your overall sleep patterns.
Caffeine is one thing that can give you the jitters. A cup of coffee can affect you as soon as 15 minutes after you take your first sip of it. That might be a good thing if you are feeling very tired and need a new jump. But, it only lasts for a set period of about 6 hours. If you are struggling to sleep at night, then you may want to switch out the caffeine drink with something that is decaf. Alcohol is another thing that can get in the way of your rest.
Wine can make you feel very sleepy, but that does not mean the sleep you get will be quality sleep.
Soft drinks are another thing that can keep you up at night as well.
Ever wonder what not to drink on that upcoming AH-mazing vacation? #HealthStatus
- 1Caffeine can take effect 15 minutes after consuming it, and can last for more than six hours.
- 2Alcohol can mess up your circadian rhythm, which means that, even though it makes you sleepy, it won’t provide you with decent sleep.
- 3Caffeine free soda can also cause problems, such as bloating and heartburn, due to the carbonation.
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- New Study “Confirm the Anxiolytic-Like Properties of CBD” - January 23, 2019
- Old-Fashioned Toys Better for Kids than Video Games, Pediatricians Say - January 21, 2019
- Protecting Yourself from Hepatitis A - January 18, 2019