If you are struggling to sleep at night, there may be one glaring – literally – reason – your cellphone. Using your phone right before bed, along with watching TV, can disrupt your circadian rhythm and affect the quality of sleep. Poor sleep quality is not only an irritant, it is also detrimental to mental health. Rates of poor sleep quality have been linked to depression, bipolar disorder, and generally lower levels of happiness.
Luckily, there is any easy way to tackle this problem: don’t use your phone after 10 PM and don’t sleep with your TV on.
In fact, you should try to be active during the daylight hours, and inactive during the dark, night time ones. It is important to engage in restful activities leading up to sleep as well. Your day should ebb and flow, with your busy activities being done during the daytime, your evening for relaxation and night time for sleeping. Your phone can be doing damage to this rhythm though, so it is best to put down the phone when it is time to sleep. Your mood and thought process can be greatly affected if your sleep is of poor quality, much like a red eye flight.
The blue light from computer and phone screens can disrupt your sleep cycles, keeping you up #HealthStatus
- 1Do Not use electronic devices after 10 pm if you want to get a good night’s rest.
- 2Do Not scroll Facebook, watch YouTube or leave your TV on when you are in bed.
- 3Do Not even bring your phone into the bedroom.
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- First CBD Cafe In US Offers Eye-Opening Way To Experience Cannabidiol - November 15, 2018
- Healthy Holidays / Family Stress The Relatives - November 14, 2018
- Dreaming On CBD: Will CBD Oil Cause Weird Dreams? - November 13, 2018