Insomnia doesn’t have to be a chronic condition; it can strike at any time. Usually when we can least afford to be tired and unrested the following day. Absent resorting to medication, either over the counter or via doctor’s prescription, there are a few natural tips and techniques that could help you drop off into slumber when you’re having trouble.
Sequentially tensing and relaxing muscles throughout your body can not only calm you, but help your body loosen up and let go so you can shut down for the night. Combined with some deep breathing as you work your muscles, it might do the trick. Yoga teachings sometimes suggest breathing through your left nostril, but only the left; the thinking is it will lower your blood pressure and help you relax.
Some people try to trick their mind with a little mental game of opposite; they’ll attempt to stay away. This can sometimes convince your brain it wants to go against your conscious wishes, and before you know it the morning is here and you’ve slept. Another mental trick is to review your day and allow yourself to let go of whatever troubles or concerns that might be lingering with you.
Whatever habits you learn that help, keep them consistent so you associate it with sleeping, and it can work better.
- 1Remembering mundane detaisl in reverse order clears your mind of worries.
- 2Create a habit as you drift off during a period when you are sleeping well, then you can use it when you have difficulty falling asleep.
- 3Before bed write your to do list on paper so you can forget it until next day.
See the original at: http://www.mirror.co.uk/lifestyle/health/unable-sleep-eleven-ways-you-2300449
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- Car Seat Safety / Cold / Controversy - February 13, 2019
- US Cancer Death Rate Hits Milestone: 25 Years of Decline - February 11, 2019
- Foods That Fight Constipation - February 6, 2019