The ever increasing number of technological avenues patients have to access and work with their medical health records allows an ease of access to information that patients did not previously have. Now, more than ever, we can establish what is essentially a direct line to our doctors and health records. How?
For use at home, people have the ability to manage their health records using patient portals, which are websites linked to the individual’s healthcare provider. Using the portals, people can communicate directly with their doctor’s office, access medical records, and seek out advice on additional healthcare services, such as telehealth services. In the absence of a healthcare portal that allows access to medical records, the American Health Information Management Association offers on its website an opportunity to build and retain individual medical records outside of the scope of the healthcare provider.
Telehealth is a system through which medical care providers can remotely treat and offer advice to patients. No telehealth? Well, mobile apps are now available to assist with that need. Apparently, some medical insurance companies will even reimburse patients for the use of telehealth services that aren’t necessarily directly linked to their health care plans.
Additional technological advances include hardware, such as fitness trackers and remote office visits, which seem to be similar to the telehealth platforms.
Have you ever wanted more control over your healthcare? See how tech is making this possible. #HealthStatus
- 1Health informatic tools are simple and easy to use yet on the cutting edge as it connects the patient with their health care providers in a convenient and efficient way.
- 2The informatic tools ensures better care for the patient and gives them a more hands on approach pertaining to the type of care they receive and the management of their health records.
- 3No more wasted doctor office visits. Patients can communicate with their health care provider without leaving their homes if it is not necessary.
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- Living with Eczema - August 20, 2019
- How to Handle Lice - August 19, 2019
- Things to Consider When Choosing a Personal Trainer - August 14, 2019