The American Cancer Society has released a new recommendation on the heels of a new study released on colorectal cancer. Colorectal cancer starts in the colon or rectum. The American Cancer Society recommends an earlier screening starting at 45 rather than 50. However, there was some good news, maybe not for people but colorectal detection company. Exact Sciences Corp, the maker of Cologuard which helps detects colorectal cancer is approved by the government, had there shares rise 10%. The bad news for Exact Sciences Corp is there screening devices starts at age 50 and will have to go through significant testing and government approval to introduce products to society for those younger than the 50 threshold. With limited data, I am sure Exact Sciences Corp will handle the matter as quickly as they can, especially with colorectal cancer being the third-leading cause of death for men and women. Luckily, Exact Sciences Corp already has a foot in the market and with more testing and approvals, they will likely receive the necessary approval from the government to put products in the marketplace for younger and earlier detection, detection that can possibly save lives and lower the colorectal cancer prognosis’s.
Colorectal cancer screening should starter earlier than previously recommended, to catch it sooner #HealthStatus
- 1People with good health should continue regular colorectal cancer screening.
- 2Shares of diagnostic company Exact Sciences Corp went up more than 10 percent.
- 3Cologuard is approved for colon cancer screening for people between the ages of 50 and 84.
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- 11 Common Conditions That Can Be Treated By A Chiropractor - October 8, 2021
- 4 Signs Of Poor Gut Health And What You Can Do About It - September 16, 2021
- 4 Ways Magnesium Intake Impacts Your Body - September 13, 2021