Your spine is literally the backbone of your entire body. Everything in your body connects back to the spine, or is linked to it by joints and nerves. When you suffer from a problem with your spine, it will affect everything you experience. One problem that can develop with the spine is called spinal stenosis. This is when your spinal canal becomes narrowed. When this happens, the nerves that run through the spine can get abnormal levels of pressure, and that can not only cause pain, but sometimes even damage the nerves.
Spinal stenosis can occur as part of the aging process, as the discs of the lumbar spine deteriorate. This happens from use. One of the functions of the spinal discs is to act as shock absorbers that protect the spine and support the body. Over time, they can become worn down, which compresses them, and leads to spinal stenosis.
Doctors can help treat this condition. Injections of corticosteroids can be delivered to the spine, for example, or surgery can be performed to remove pieces of bone or other tissue that are intruding into the spinal canal. A newer treatment can insert a device in between the vertebrae discs and help keep them from compressing together abnormally. This new procedure is less invasive, and can ease your back pain.
A new spinal treatment could help millions with spinal problems and back pain avoid surgery. #HealthStatus
- 1Spinal Stenosis is a common problem. 1 in 10 people face this painful condition daily.
- 2The vertebrae can “squish” down on the nerve causing pain and problems in the back.
- 3This new device will literally hold apart the vertebrae and help support the back.
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- 11 Common Conditions That Can Be Treated By A Chiropractor - October 8, 2021
- 4 Signs Of Poor Gut Health And What You Can Do About It - September 16, 2021
- 4 Ways Magnesium Intake Impacts Your Body - September 13, 2021