Eye floaters are a common problem, especially with nearsighted or older people, where you see small floating blobs or wiggling lines across your eyes but they move away when you try to look at them. These moving spots can be accompanied by peripheral blindness or flashes of light.
Eye floaters are caused by the vitreous fluid within the eye thins, which allows the microscopic fibers to clump. While not dangerous, they can be irritating and require fixing if they get to an advanced stage.
Typically when eye floaters need to be addressed, doctors use a procedure called a vitrectomy, which is where the doctor will remove the vitreous fluid from the eye and replace it with saline solution. This method leaves the sufferer prone to infections, cataracts, retinal detachment, increased eye pressure, and more.
Luckily, for anyone who suffers from eye floaters that wants to fix the problem, there is a new way to do so. By using a specialized laser, the eye floaters can simply be “zapped” away by converting the floater into a gas form. Aside from the benefits on a non-invasive procedure, there is also an extremely low rate of complication – only one person in the past fifteen years has had a problem afterwards.
You don’t have to keep trying to ignore floaters in your vision. Doctors can now help. #HealthStatus
- 1Many people have what is called “floaters” in their eyes, which are small pieces of fibers that clump together and are stuck in the vitreous fluid of the eye.
- 2Doctors have come up with a less invasive procedure to remove these “floaters”-Using a nano-pulsed YAG laser.
- 3This new procedure has proven very successful with only one person experiencing complications.
See the original at: https://eyecare2020.com/blog/2018/08/troubled-by-floaters-now-we-can-zap-them/
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- Four Easy To Adopt Habits That Help You Shed Excess Weight - May 27, 2020
- How To Deal With Anxiety And Stress During These Difficult COVID-19 Times? - May 27, 2020
- How Probiotics Can Assist With Immunity - May 26, 2020