It seems like everyone is constantly dieting, or coming off a diet, or about to start a diet. Weight loss has become a cyclical obsession in modern times. Part of the reason for this is how the foods we eat are less healthy and typically more loaded up with sugar. But another part is how even after we’ve successfully dieted and loss weight we hoped to shed, we don’t maintain the success. Following the period of dieting, we backslide into old food habits and the pounds pile right back on.
Even though there’s always a new diet fad or some snazzy weight loss trick being touted, there’s nothing special to the subject of weight loss. You have to eat fewer calories, eat healthier calories, and maintain a good level of activity. But that’s hard, and most of us have difficulty in forming new habits that can carry us forward in better health.
New research into weight loss has shown those habits, and forming better ones, is the real secret to weight loss and dieting. It’s not how you diet, it’s how you change your lifestyle so the pounds stay off once you’ve lost them. It could be as simple as setting regular meal times and not allowing yourself to snack or eat outside of them, but whatever you do, the key is to change your habits.
This study looked at 3 groups of people: a habit breaking group, a habit forming group and a group with no intervention at all. Those in the habit breaking and habit forming group lost more weight and after the study continued to lose weight.
Here are the successful habits they uncovered:
- Keep to a meal routine.
- Eat healthy fats.
- Get in 10,000 steps per day.
- Carry healthy snacks with you.
- Read food labels. Know what you are eating.
- Portion control is important.
- Be active – get out of your chair.
- Drink water over other choices.
- Slow down while you eat.
- Get 5 servings of vegetables per day.
- 1Habitually negative diet behaviors are often the cause for failures in weight loss.
- 2Scientific studies show that reinforcing positive eating habits is a long term weight loss solution.
- 3By changing negative habits and eating nutritiously dense foods you can lose weight.
Did You Know?
- This 10 Day Transformation has people losing between 5 and 20 pounds.
- You can protect your gut bacteria from harmful glyphosate with this product.
- Purium Products are organic and GMO free.
- All Purium Products Come with a 60 Day Money Back Guarantee