It turns out that younger people, “millennials”, are actually eating more than cereal than ever before. This has caused the cereal industry to change the description of their products to a snack instead of a breakfast food. Sales of cereal products has declined 19 percent since 2009, mainly due to the influx of yogurts and breakfast bars. John Owen suggests that the cereal companies relate their food as snacks to improve sales.
Almost 50 percent of Americans currently eat cereal as a snack.
Cereal executives have been focusing on different times of the days that people are willing to eat cereal. It turns out that people are slowly turning to the less sugary cereals in recent years. Cereal companies are combating this by offering lower sugar, higher fiber versions of their old cereals. Companies are trying to offer many more options for cereals recently, trying to meet many changing demands in the market. Honey nut cheerios continues to be the best selling cereal because it appeals to children and adults. The amount of healthier cereals has increased dramatically the past few years. Items made with whole grains are becoming really popular lately. The cereal industry is learning to adapt to the changing market quickly.
Cereal isn’t just for breakfast anymore. Sugared up like candy, people eat it like a snack. #HealthStatus
- 1Sugar cereals still sell well as a breakfast food but their market share has dropped with the popular options of yogurt and health bars.
- 2The Millennial generation is more prone to eat sugary cereals as a snack than any other generation.
- 3Cereal manufacturers are quickly adapting to a new strategy in marketing to this new generation.
See the original at: https://www.healthline.com/health-news/sugar-cereals-health-effects
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- How to Handle Lice - August 19, 2019
- Things to Consider When Choosing a Personal Trainer - August 14, 2019
- Moving Survival Tips & Tricks - August 12, 2019