Being overweight can’t just make it more likely you could experience rheumatoid arthritis, but also worsen the symptoms you do experience. Being obese places greater stress on the body, both inside and out. Your organs will work harder to support the extra mass. One of the most obvious problems with a higher than ideal Body Mass Index is the stress it places on your joints. Worse, the physical problems with your skeletal muscles and joints that come from being overweight can make it harder, sometimes all but impossible, to effectively exercise. And exercise is the most recommended and reliable way to lose weight.
Rheumatoid arthritis is a common cause of disability and inability to not only work, but even function normally in day to day life. As pain mounts and your mobility is reduced, it can create a feedback loop that causes all your symptoms to worsen. A recent study at the University of Pennsylvania tracked nearly twenty-five thousand patients, and found data to support these findings. Good scientific data is critical now more than ever, as obesity continues to rise in the United States, and both patients and doctors need hard facts to make decisions with. The good news is, whatever your current condition, your doctor can find ways to help you; so don’t wait to see him or her for guidance.
Don’t get caught in a feedback loop between arthritis and obesity; break the cycle and get healthy #HealthStatus
- 1People with rheumatoid arthritis who are obese tend to be disabled faster than those with healthier weights.
- 2Unintentional weight loss in someone suffering from rheumatoid arthritis is a sign of frailty and a developing new disability.
- 3Exercise methodologies such as physical therapy, strength training and yoga might offer a ray of hope to those living with rheumatoid arthritis.
Latest posts by HealthStatus (see all)
- Study: CBD May Be Useful In Treating Breast Cancer - November 20, 2018
- Natural Cold and Flu Remedies From Around the World - November 19, 2018
- First CBD Cafe In US Offers Eye-Opening Way To Experience Cannabidiol - November 15, 2018