Finance journalist Jean Chatzky gives tips on how to take control of your finances and how to navigate through uncertain waters as you approach financial implications from situations like borrowing, debt, and day to day living. Inside are the five most important rules from among the hundreds outlined in Chatzky’s bestseller, Money Rules. The five simple rules found in this article will help you control your finances so that your finances don’t control you: Envious of your neighbors’ possessions? Afraid of negotiating your salary? Considering borrowing some money? These problems and more are addressed within. Jean Chatzky is a recipient of the Betty Furness Consumer Media Service Award from the Consumer Federation of America for her years of contributions to personal financial education.
- 1Always remember that your most important investment is in your job, as it controls your earning power.
- 2A simple increase in your wealth is not necessarily the key to happiness, but how you spend it is a large factor.
- 3As you gain more control over your finances, you will become more secure and, in turn, more happy.
So the next time you’re green with envy over your neighbor’s new remodel or your friend’s seemingly endless array of outfit options on Instagram, remember you don’t know what the balance on their Visa reads.
The HealthStatus editorial team has continued that commitment to excellence by providing our visitors with easy to understand high quality health content for many years.
Our team of health professionals, and researchers use peer reviewed studies as source elements in our articles.
Our high quality content has been featured in a number of leading websites, USA Today, the Chicago Tribune, Live Strong, GQ, and many more.
Latest posts by HealthStatus Team (see all)
- Light Therapy Can Help Many Health Issues - January 25, 2021
- From Bottle To Cup:Weaning Baby - January 22, 2021
- Amazing Study Results on White Kidney Bean Extract - January 18, 2021